Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2018, 08:43 PM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
I typically dump the air out when storing the coach.

If just one air bag went down, it has the possibility of twisting the frame and perhaps breaking the windshield. I had that happen when a rear jack sunk into the ground while in storage.

Paul
pwhittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2018, 12:47 AM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
HWH auxilary air system

Thanks so much CountryB for spending your time getting back to me on my long post.
Learned a lot from your reply.
At this time I just want to check and see if the aux. compressor does run, so as you and vito,A discussed to get the compressor to turn on I could turn the key on put the HWH on and raise and lower the coach until the air gets below 85-90 psi and the aux compressor should kick on, right? or is there a better way?
As was discussed also I could supply 12 volts to the 2 pin connection and it should run but this seems like the longer method and hardest.
Question- the manual says that the suspension on the air level system will not operate unless the ignition system is on, so you park hit the level on switch, level out and turn the ignition off. If you were to have a airbag or line leak and it was big enough your coach could go out of level overnight again if the leak was big enough. I'm thinking this would be a good way of knowing if the system had a fairly fast leak.

You and pwhittle both mentioned that it would be best to let all the air from your bags out for the reasons you both mentioned, thanks for the tip, I was afraid that the weight of the couch would be harmful to the airbags if they were deflated kind of pinching them with all that weight maybe breaking them down or cause earlier failure from weight fatigue.
I was gone for 6 weeks and the bags were so low in the rear the body side skirt area was about a couple inches from touching the top of the tires little worried about hurting the bags so I placed some blocks when I leave between the frame and chaise. Now that I think about that, both sides seemed to drop down at the same rate so maybe the air loss is from a common connection and not any one bag. When I get enough time I will run some checks and monitor the rates of air loss seems the front bags hardly ever bleed down, a good thing.
Thanks again for the info and I will be looking up the type of system I have to get a manual on it, thanks for the link to HWH, have fun and be safe.
Dave
Davidv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:03 AM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Be aware that both pins on the connector are hot 12v leads. The unit is grounded by the frame.
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:16 AM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidv View Post

You and pwhittle both mentioned that it would be best to let all the air from your bags out for the reasons you both mentioned, thanks for the tip, I was afraid that the weight of the couch would be harmful to the airbags if they were deflated kind of pinching them with all that weight maybe breaking them down or cause earlier failure from weight fatigue.

I was gone for 6 weeks and the bags were so low in the rear the body side skirt area was about a couple inches from touching the top of the tires little worried about hurting the bags so I placed some blocks when I leave between the frame and chaise. Now that I think about that, both sides seemed to drop down at the same rate so maybe the air loss is from a common connection and not any one bag. When I get enough time I will run some checks and monitor the rates of air loss seems the front bags hardly ever bleed down, a good thing.
Thanks again for the info and I will be looking up the type of system I have to get a manual on it, thanks for the link to HWH, have fun and be safe.
Dave
The airbags are designed to allow them to be fully deflated and not be harmed.

They either have a bumper inside and/or the top plate is designed to sit on on bottom plate. The compressed height is known/chosen when the chassis builder selects the airbags to use. There is no harm to the air bags to leave them fully deflated - just don't try to drive to coach (or turn front wheels) with air bags deflated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	219630   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	219631  

CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags