Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2017, 12:34 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamarider View Post
Do you have the mdl. # of the fisher paykel your daughter used?
I think it is this one, https://www.goedekers.com/Fisher-Paykel-RF170ADX4.html
It is the same height as the Samsung 197 that is no longer made, the Samsung 18 was to tall. The one they got did not have an ice maker, that was more $$$$.
Just need to check on ceiling light that may be in the way of the door opening.
This is not my install but it is the same coach and frig.
Samsung Refrigerator Install
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2017, 02:43 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by onechaddude View Post
Absolutely, it's an 07 HR Neptune. I have the taller ceilings but have a furnace below fridge. I considered the Samsung rf18 but for some reason my DW doesn't like the French doors style. With the fridge above the furnace it's much higher than if on the floor. The height is perfect in fridge, no bending over unless you get something out of bottom drawers.

Chad
If you don't mind could you post a pic of yours that you had posted in the other thread? I can't seem to remember which one it's in. I went ahead and ordered a black one from Sears. They had the best price. Delivered to my door with the ice maker installed was $701. Thanks for all the help.
BigLar368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:28 PM   #17

Sure thing. Here they are.

ChadClick image for larger version

Name:	20160521_201853.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	154701Click image for larger version

Name:	20160521_201911.jpeg
Views:	99
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	154702
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160227_115147.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	154703  
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:34 PM   #18

http://www.irv2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286173

Here's a link to the original thread. That last pic, different fridge, not sure how it got there.

The above thread tells about the install and has several more pics.

Chad
Old 03-14-2017, 06:54 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Chad. I believe my original fridge is more in my hall way. I am pretty sure it will open most of the way. Anything is better than what we have now.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:25 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
We replaced our 4-door NotCold with the single frig door and slide-out freezer drawer version of the Samsung frig, not the split-door.

Yes, the big door does not open all the way into the hallway, but wife decided she could live with that better than the loss of a lot of door-shelf space with that center framing in the double-door Samsung version. I was happy too, because the dealer gave us a very good price on it since he said that version wasn't selling as well as the split-door .

No issues whatsoever using the stock inverter and 4 6-volt batteries, either.
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:36 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks. Looks like the door will open at least 75 degrees. That's just using a tape measure the same width of the door. Wife says that's fine so it's a go...lol.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:40 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
I think it is this one, https://www.goedekers.com/Fisher-Paykel-RF170ADX4.html
It is the same height as the Samsung 197 that is no longer made, the Samsung 18 was to tall. The one they got did not have an ice maker, that was more $$$$.
Just need to check on ceiling light that may be in the way of the door opening.
This is not my install but it is the same coach and frig.
Samsung Refrigerator Install
2 stroker
Have read quite a few posts & installs of the Samsung fridge. I know about checking all the measurements. Only thing I haven't seen is how folks got it through the front door. I know the doors have to come off and it will fit going on it's side. Did you use a fridge dolly? Any plywood as a ramp? My guess what 3 or 4 people?

Thanks Mike
MTK46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:20 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
I am in the same situation having to replace my Norcold. To get some additional height, some folks have lowered the floor below the frig. over the furnace. I figure I can install a house type frig. up to 68" in height by rebuilding the frig bottom support. There are some posts showing that method of frig. installation, if that might be an option for you.
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:12 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK46 View Post
Have read quite a few posts & installs of the Samsung fridge. I know about checking all the measurements. Only thing I haven't seen is how folks got it through the front door. I know the doors have to come off and it will fit going on it's side. Did you use a fridge dolly? Any plywood as a ramp? My guess what 3 or 4 people?

Thanks Mike
Mike,
When I installed the 16 c.f. whirlpool in my Neptune I just had a buddy help me carry it in. It was much lighter than the norcold going out. Yes I removed the doors off both fridges so they would fit through the door. We just went up and down the stairs. It really wasn't that bad to do. I did put some tape on door edges and some cardboard over dash and other places to protect thing just in case.

If you're having the new fridge delivered, a few bucks to the delivery guys and let them carry in and out. I've heard others have done this.

Chad
Old 03-22-2017, 03:34 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Well Chad, the WRT316 would not fit without modifying the floor. I just miscalculated the measurements. I really wanted it to fit with the recessed door handles and smooth front but it was just not gonna happen with what I had. I could have made it work by lowering the floor two inches but that was too much for what I wanted to do. I did however find that Whirlpool makes a WRT314 model that is 2 inches shorter but the same width. Only thing is the condenser coils are exposed in the back. It was a tight fit but we managed to get it sitting in place for now. I have it running off the inverter right now just to confirm that it will work like that. It has the exact same compressor as the WRT316.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:34 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLar368 View Post
Well Chad, the WRT316 would not fit without modifying the floor. I just miscalculated the measurements. I really wanted it to fit with the recessed door handles and smooth front but it was just not gonna happen with what I had. I could have made it work by lowering the floor two inches but that was too much for what I wanted to do. I did however find that Whirlpool makes a WRT314 model that is 2 inches shorter but the same width. Only thing is the condenser coils are exposed in the back. It was a tight fit but we managed to get it sitting in place for now. I have it running off the inverter right now just to confirm that it will work like that. It has the exact same compressor as the WRT316.
That's great to hear. Least it fits. You still have more room than the Norcold had. I think I remember seeing a 12 cf as well. It would probably work for folks that have the smaller 8 c.f. refrigerators. Glad you were able to get it in.

Chad
Old 03-22-2017, 10:49 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
When you folks were removing your frig...about how many screws or bolts hold the old Norcold in place.(RIM 1200) I'm getting ready to pull mine out. It's hard to see in the back with only a small vent opening? Thanks.

Good luck with your selection and install.
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:29 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Seems like there was only a few screws along the bottom rear, and a handful more behind the front trim/molding. I was surprised at how few there was altogether.
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge