RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2019, 08:09 PM   #1
Ali

Monaco Owners Club
Ride Height adjustment process

We have a single ride height valve in front and two in the rear. I checked ride heights (measured from the bottom of the top bag plate to the top of the bottom bag plate. Front should be 9-1/2" Rear 11") and found one of the rear ones is 10", I need to lift that side 1 inch.

Does anyone know how to do the adjustment? I took a pic of the valve that need adjusting. Do I need to just loosen (1) and move the arm up/down? Are there any gotchas I should know about the ride height adjustment process.

Also, does anyone know what (3) is ?

Thank you
Ali
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ride-height.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	305.9 KB
ID:	266895  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2019, 08:54 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The big "gotcha" is if you move it wrong you can be crushed. Don't depend on your jacks (if you have them) heavy duty jackstands or cribbing only. It will take some adjustment back and forth to get it right

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:49 PM   #3

This thread helped me last time I adjusted the ride height on my Windsor.

Ride Height Valve Adjust

Thorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:41 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Number 3 is the exhaust port.

These are easy to adjust. There is a slot in the arm at the valve body. There is a bolt in that slot. You just loosen the bolt/nut and rotate the valve body up or down as needed to add or remove air from the air bags. Once the air bag is height is set, you make sure the arm is centered on the valve (there is a small hole on the arm and small hole in the valve - so you insert a drill bit to center the valve, then tighten the adjustment bolt/nut, and remove the drill bit. Done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ride Height Control Valve.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	266920  
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:29 AM   #5

My only problem with this is trying to get to the rear valves, I do not see how people get in to the rear valves on a tag axle roadmaster? Safely or not I can't seem to get in there, and I am fairly flexible and not too over weight.

If anyone has any ideas I am all ears.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:29 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
There is no Ride Height Valve for the Tag axle (it uses a manual air pressure adjustment).

The Ride Height Valve for the drive axle is on the front side of the drive axle (at least on my coach) so if you can slip under to grease the u-joint, you can adjust the RHV.

I pull my coach up onto a set of wood ramps so I can fit under the coach on a creeper even when the air bags are deflated.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:14 AM   #7

Ali,
On my 2000 Dynasty I have been told by experienced members of this forum, "Walt" that the measurements for correct ride height needs to be checked from the top of the Movable "H Frame" to the bottom of the chassis rail.

Before you do any adjusting you might want to verify. It is a little confusing but there is a certain model year range that falls into this from what I remember, Walt sent me some Documents on this that I have in my coach but maybe he will see this and answer you. If not If you PM me your email and can scan the docs and send them to you.

If I am not correct on this for your coach I apologize but since you are the same year as mine I wanted to advise of this.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:33 PM   #8
Ali

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you Mr_D, Thorp, CountryB, PlanB and Rusty_Kramer.

Byron: Thanks for the link, very helpful indeed.
Mike: Exactly what I was looking for, always appreciate your feedback.
Kramer: I am going to look into your measurement suggestion

Tags
ride height