RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2019, 11:22 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Kramer View Post
Dean,
You might try the Roadmaster chassis forums on IRV2. No personal experience with that vintage but it seems like from my reading that the suspension bushings on those earlier 90s rigs can be deteriorated. The material they were made with did not last. They can be replaced with a better bushings but it sounds like a fairly big Job. I think if they are worn out the coach can "wonder" pretty badly.
Kramer, thanks. I will check them. I haven't noticed any wandering but I'll still have a look.

Dean McCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2019, 12:59 AM   #16

Ours is R-2200, with 8 bags, side rad, and 30'. As well as I could determine it wasn't affected by the frame/suspension problem mentioned previously.

Steve

1994 30' Monaco Dynasty, 5.9 230 HP Cummins, MD 3060, 1992 Geo Tracker.
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 02:05 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Dean, two of my good friends, and I all have older Monaco's! Terry, "Harley1994" has a 1993 Dynasty, 36', 8 bag air ride, semi monocoque, side radiator! Ron Spradley has a "95" 32' Windsor, 8 bag air ride, semi monocoque, side radiator! And I have a "96" Windsor, 38', 8 bag air ride, semi monocoque, and a side radiator! Ours are all the same underneath, just the wheelbase is different, all are RR,(raised rail), all tube steel construction, completely "semi monocoque" the steel tubes are built in a bridge work all the way up the side walls, and the steel tubes go all the way to the roof support, across and down the other side! Built like a tank, very little flex, and solid!
Monaco went to a wide body in "96" and I just found this out when we measured Ron's and mine when they were sitting side by side at my son's house! I did not believe this till we got the tape out and measured them inside wall to inside wall! Ron's "95" was 3 inches narrower, (give or take a little) than my "96" on the inside!
Monaco went to a aluminum side wall tube construction in 2002 I believe, aluminum tube above the floor line, and up over the roof! Still semi monocoque but aluminum tubing above the floor line to save weight!
Monaco also started to add slide outs in 1997!
I love mine, drives great, no wander, no play, very easy to drive! Rail!

A short video! https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...4&&FORM=VRDGAR
Old 10-04-2019, 04:49 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dix39 View Post
Ours is R-2200, with 8 bags, side rad, and 30'. As well as I could determine it wasn't affected by the frame/suspension problem mentioned previously.

Steve
The 4 bag chassis had the trailing arm cracking issue,
and the other "cracking issue" (vertical support and X-frame was in the RR10 with Tag axle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailing Arm issue.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	262365   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vertical Bracing crack issue.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	262366  

CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 12:46 PM   #19

Thanks for the confirmation Mike.

Steve

1994 30' Monaco Dynasty, 5.9 230 HP Cummins, MD 3060, 1992 Geo Tracker.
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, roadmaster