Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2010, 08:54 AM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Comforts Of Home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoMama View Post
I had someone ask me what they might expect if they attend this rally.
Having no experience with "rallies" what might one expect in terms of motor home accommodations? In other words, are there hook-ups at the Eugene Eagles Club? Showers? Water, electricity, sewer, etc? Their website did not have a lot of those kinds of details.

DW's interest in places to visit is directly proportional to the availability of creature comforts and shopping. And to be honest, I like those creature comforts too.

Thanks,
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2010, 09:35 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Dave -- I like all the comforts also, & the website didn`t have much info, but I thought, what the heck, I can put up with most anything for 2 days, even MonacoMama , & SacsTC -- Billy Paul Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:44 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiplomatDave View Post
Having no experience with "rallies" what might one expect in terms of motor home accommodations? In other words, are there hook-ups at the Eugene Eagles Club? Showers? Water, electricity, sewer, etc? Their website did not have a lot of those kinds of details.

DW's interest in places to visit is directly proportional to the availability of creature comforts and shopping. And to be honest, I like those creature comforts too.

Thanks,
DiplomatDave..I am checking into the "accommodation" situation for the rally location - but I can tell you that Eugene has a cute "Riverfront" area that we females enjoy going to (shopping ) with some fun restaurants. There is also a Mall nearby - along with many wineries to visit if you enjoy wine tasting. Eugene is the second largest city in Oregon...so they do have many ammenities...including the local hardware store (Jerry's) that the male species enjoy -

On edit.. Thanks BP ...and let me tell you William Willard does not drycamp very often...but he does-he does it well!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #18

Thanks for the info and encouragement, MM & BP. Mind you, the creature comforts need not be elaborate. Electricity, water, and sewer from which most other amenities will flow - so to speak.

I'll check with the sponsors on Tuesday and post any new information. With the onset of CRS I figured that I had overlooked or forgotten something that was self evident.

That Jerry's thing sounds intriguing. Hope to see you all in Eugene.

Best,
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
Old 07-14-2010, 11:28 AM   #19

After having decided not to go, we have re-visited the proposition and signed up for the rally. The educational potential was compelling. Not the chassis part, the dry-camping-well-part. We need more expertise in managing dumping intervals, water conservation, etc.

That said, we are interested in solving minor chassis issues like smoothing the ride out a bit and reducing the Dipper's tendency to wander.

But DW's important questions like "can I shower now?" need to have more informed answers. My school of thought is that you can never have too much water, fuel, food, wine, etc. and that gets in the way those who would like to bathe, eat, drink, stay warm/cool, etc.

So we look forward to the chassis-related presentations by the professionals and learning camping techniques from the examples set by more experienced RV'rs.

See you Friday, the 30th.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:37 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiplomatDave View Post
After having decided not to go, we have re-visited the proposition and signed up for the rally.

But DW's important questions like "can I shower now?" need to have more informed answers. My school of thought is that you can never have too much water, fuel, food, wine, etc. and that get's in the way those who would like to bathe, eat, drink, stay warm/cool, etc.

So we look forward to the chassis-related presentations by the professionals and learning camping techniques from the examples set by more experienced RV'rs.

See you Friday, the 30th.
Dave...first things first...This one item will give your wife a good shower AND conserve water!
I would pick that up and get it on before you come to the rally!!!

Old 07-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Hey Diplomat Dave -SacsTC just reminded me.. pay a little extra and make sure you get the metal Oxygenics shower head.. Some people tend to have problems with the plastic ones.
You should also make sure you either lay it down when traveling- or take a velcro tie strap and tie it to the pole when on the road.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:00 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoMama View Post
Hey Diplomat Dave -SacsTC just reminded me.. pay a little extra and make sure you get the metal Oxygenics shower head.. Some people tend to have problems with the plastic ones.
You should also make sure you either lay it down when traveling- or take a velcro tie strap and tie it to the pole when on the road.
To add to what MM has told you be sure to get a positive water shut off valve. It is the 5th item down in the link below:
RV Water Filter Store: Useful Gadgets and Accessories

This will turn the water completely off while you lather up. This is called a Navy shower and conserves water. Get your temp set and then wet down your hair and body. Turn off the water with this valve and then soap up. Turn the valve back on and rinse. You can buy these valves at Home Depot, etc., but they will not completely shut the water off. Against US plumbing codes. The valve in the link above is from overseas.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:40 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Second the comment to take the shower head out of the holder while traveling. Our molder broke and it was no fun to fix
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by itdave View Post
Second the comment to take the shower head out of the holder while traveling. Our molder broke and it was no fun to fix
Once while driving we heard a loud noise and it was the shower head falling to the bottom of the shower stall. No damage but now we always lay it on the stall floor before hitting the road.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:34 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
We just arrived in Eugene. Weather is 75 degrees all day. Can't wait until the rally gets started.

Luke
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:30 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
I`ll freeze at that temp -- It was omly 116 here in Gilbert AZ yesterday -- Oh well, at least I`ll have some nice & toasty weather going thru Las Vegas, & up 95 to Reno -- Leaving on the 25th -- Billy Paul
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally, ride enhancement, roadmaster chassis