Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2008, 02:03 PM   #43

Hello Flyer,
Wondering if you care to update us on your response to your pics??

My coach is in the shop with the roof radius being removed and for the first time I saw the Filon roof under the alum radius. This is a rather long story but my dealer is starting to take good care of me and doing the right thing. (I think)

Ed

I was able to secure a copy of the service bulletin for 2006 Monaco, Holiday Rambler and Sarfari
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2008, 04:49 PM   #44

Ed S,

Can you email me the service bulletin you are talking about for the 2006 HR?

My email is guy_ethier@yahoo.ca

Thanks,
Chef Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:48 AM   #45

Chef Guy,

I will scan it this weekend and send to you and I will send you a pic of my coach with my roof radius repair under way that I took yesterday.

Ed
Old 12-05-2008, 05:53 AM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Ed,
Is it possible for you to post the bulletin on the site here? I'm curious if my roof falls into the need repair category. I also have the same sags as the pics posted here.

Thanks, Steve
nutensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:46 AM   #47

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Ed
The service people at Harrisburg are still deliberating. As soon as I hear something I'll post it.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:56 PM   #48

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Got a call today from the Monaco roof expert. He told me that had he been consulted and seen my roof befrore it was replaced he would have said the roof was just behaving normally and would not have recommended replacement. He said that Monaco replaced the roof per spec and he is not surprised that it looks the same as it did before it was replaced. He said that many of Monacos coaches look the same and is not at all concerned about structural integrity or leakage. He said that the company that provides them with the roofing kit has a much longer warranty than Monaco's 12 months/12,000 miles and he will send me some info. He admits that aesthetically the roof is not the best. He sounded sincere, so I guess that is that.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:17 PM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the update Flyer. I guess the roof is structurally sound just not very pretty.

Steve
nutensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:15 AM   #50

Flyer,
Thanks for the update. Behaving normally?? Whats that mean? Be interesting to know want percent of the 06 mh's are "behaving normally"
The year they went to the fiberglass roof anything to do with it? Production dates of these "behaving normally" roofs? So far seems only 2006 model year.

Ed
Old 12-06-2008, 04:29 AM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
That excuse sounds like what comes from the south end of a north bound bull. It almost defies belief that an "expert" would say something so stupid.

No way should the roof look like the pictures posted. Eventually and prematurely those bows in the fiberglass will crack and leak. Looks like a higher authority is needed.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:21 AM   #52
Hawkeye

Here's a photo of my roof. Looks like early stages of the same problem. Have 2007 Dip. This is still acceptable to me, but I wouldn't be too happy if it progressed to the stage of Flyer's. I'll be documenting with Monaco and watching.

http://s237.photobucket.com/al...VRoof12-28-08002.jpg
Old 12-28-2008, 08:24 AM   #53
Hawkeye

Sorry about the huge picture. I'm not sure how to edit out. I did edit out big picture, but now can't figure out how to delete this message. So much for user friendly setup.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:44 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally posted by Flyer:
The sag is between the aluminum rafters. I think I'll fire the pic off to HR and see what they say.
Flyer it appears like there is no plywood between the fiberglass and rafters.My 05 endeaver and 07 camelot has 3/8 plywood.I would pull a light fixture or air vent in liv rm to look for plywood.

2007 Monaco Camelot
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:14 AM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I just checked the roof on my 06 HR Endeavor and I see sags. Does anyone know if it will do any good to report it to Monaco. Mine is looking about the same as Hawkeye's.

Chef Guy can you give us an update on your visit to Harrisburg. Did they repair your roof or explain what was going on?
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:50 AM   #56

itdave,

I have had to cancel 2 appointments with Harrisburg the last 2 weeks because we have had a snow dump of up to 3 feet up here in Surrey, BC, Canada since December 18. The '06 Endeavor is still sitting underneath 16 inches of snow, as it slowly begins to melt.

So, I have not had a chance to talk to or see any Monaco reps about this continuing saga!

Sorry...
Chef Guy is offline   Reply With Quote