Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2008, 01:28 PM   #1

2007 Monaco Cayman 38DBT condensate drips onto slide out awnings and down the side of the rig. In looking at the roof, there doesn't appear to be any condensate channeling. Did Monaco forget this or is it normal. When retracting the slide outs, I have to do it in increments to let the condensate get off of the slide out awnings. Any suggestions or opinions will be appreciated.
joelsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2008, 01:28 PM   #2

2007 Monaco Cayman 38DBT condensate drips onto slide out awnings and down the side of the rig. In looking at the roof, there doesn't appear to be any condensate channeling. Did Monaco forget this or is it normal. When retracting the slide outs, I have to do it in increments to let the condensate get off of the slide out awnings. Any suggestions or opinions will be appreciated.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:32 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
You may have a broken drain kit as I did, but it wasn't found until the roof unit was replaced due to a defective compressor. You should be able to see the tan cups as they are mounted under the front portion of the roof unit. If they are both okay, then (1) make sure the coach is level, and (2) make sure the condensate drain hose along the inside bottom (viewed by removing the filter and looking above the electronic control box) of the unit does not dip down before it gets to the drain hose T. A small dip because the condensate hose might be too long will keep it from draining properly.
CC
Old 08-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I think on coaches from the Diplomat/Endeavor on down do not have plumbing for the AC condensate. I could be wrong on which models don't have drains but I recall hearing that Camelot/Scepter and above have drain lines. Bummer.

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:03 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
joelsr,
If Sixpack is right, and he usually is, you won't see a drain hose after removing the air filter. There are several forum members here that have Diplomats and can confirm Sixpack.

Sixpack,
Are you coming to Canton?
CC
Old 08-25-2008, 07:13 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Camelot Camper:
joelsr,
If Sixpack is right, and he usually is, you won't see a drain hose after removing the air filter. There are several forum members here that have Diplomats and can confirm Sixpack.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You now have me wondering also.. If we have a built in drain, it is not working. The condensate runs down the side of the slide.
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:19 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Mine also runs on to the slide topper. It is dissapointing that Monaco designed it that way. Another excuse for me to upgrade to a Dynasty.
nutensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:36 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Here's a photo I took at Camping World Fort Worth after installing the new middle air conditioner after removing the Fantastic fan. If you look close you can see the drain cup under the right front corner of the rear air conditioner. Notice also that the air conditioner has to sit up higher to make room for the drain kit so there's a double set of foam gaskets all around the unit.

CC
Old 08-25-2008, 01:10 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
cc,
When you added the third AC how did you connect it in to the drain system?

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:58 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Sixpack,
You can find my write up and photos here.

So are you coming to Canton?
CC
Old 08-25-2008, 06:25 PM   #11

I talked to Monaco today and they said that the a/c vents condensate to the roof. No drain lines. A real BUMMER!
Old 08-26-2008, 05:53 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Yup, ours runs down the side also. I just love it after I've cleaned the coach. Oh well, we've had worse problems...

AKBrick
Old 08-26-2008, 05:59 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
My runoff likes to sit on the slide topper and wait for me to close the slide.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:25 AM   #14

Cat has the job of pulling the slides in. I of course get to unhook the hoses and run the sanicon. (She decided who does what) Not once but twice so far I have been diligently working away in the plumbing compartment bent over as water comes screaming off the two slides on each side of me to jump on my unsuspecting back!! And I swear I've heard a muffled giggle from inside the motorhome somewhere both times but she assures me that she never even thought of doing it to me. I wonder....

2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG TT 2011 F150 puller
Lennyzx11 is offline   Reply With Quote