Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2014, 08:34 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
RV Newbie

Hello all, I am a first time RV owner and just purchased a 2000 Monaco Windsor 36 PBS a little over a week ago and I joined this site hoping to gain some knowledge and get some of the questions answered that I have.

Question 1: Where would I find an exploded view on how to remove the headlight assembly? I need to replace both headlights and already have the new ones, but I spent over an hour trying to remove the passenger side assembly and there seems to be one screw or something still holding it in that I can't seem to find.

Question 2: The main panel to monitor tank/batt/LP levels has some of the buttons pushed thru the overlay and a couple of the buttons don't work real well. Is there a place to get a replacement or an upgraded version?

I am sure I will have a few more questions and will say thanks up front for all the assistance.

Brad
bjwurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2014, 08:42 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
joe@nwrvsupply.com

Try this guy.

(541) 746-9092. Joe at NW RV Supply.
jlturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:32 AM   #3

welcome to the RV world things happen but for the most part you will have fum
Blair
Blair 1597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:30 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Brad,
Is it the switches themselves or the tank sensors? My Windsor had aluminum/copper strips used as capacitive sensors on the outside of the tanks that had to be re-glued or replaced. The tank sensors can be accessed by unscrewing two screws from the bottom of the motorhome on the passenger side. You will see the sensor strips. The tanks will need to be filled and use the small screws behind the covers on the panel to calibrate the tanks at FULL.
If it is the switch I'd use contact cleaner to see if you can restore the operation.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:07 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwurtz View Post
Hello all, I am a first time RV owner and just purchased a 2000 Monaco Windsor 36 PBS a little over a week ago and I joined this site hoping to gain some knowledge and get some of the questions answered that I have.

Question 1: Where would I find an exploded view on how to remove the headlight assembly? I need to replace both headlights and already have the new ones, but I spent over an hour trying to remove the passenger side assembly and there seems to be one screw or something still holding it in that I can't seem to find.

Question 2: The main panel to monitor tank/batt/LP levels has some of the buttons pushed thru the overlay and a couple of the buttons don't work real well. Is there a place to get a replacement or an upgraded version?

I am sure I will have a few more questions and will say thanks up front for all the assistance.

Brad
Look at the new headlight assemblies to see where all the possible attachment locations are. That might give you a clue which screw remains holding the fixture.

As for the tank level system, you might consider replacing the whole system with a See-Level system. They have models that can use the existing wiring.
SeeLeveL Gauges by Garnet Instruments Ltd. - Model 709

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:13 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Bob
Never knew they had a replacement. I'm looking into it now
Rick
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:17 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
As for the tank level system, you might consider replacing the whole system with a See-Level system. They have models that can use the existing wiring.
SeeLeveL Gauges by Garnet Instruments Ltd. - Model 709
x2... I installed the See-Level system last year. The tank sensors and display are a major improvement over the factory system and simple to install.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:33 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
What fid you guys do to switch the water pump and gas hot water on/off ?
My switches are incorporated in to the current display.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:36 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Never mind. I just found the correct model. Looks real nice.
Thanks
Rick
Old 04-29-2014, 07:43 AM   #10

howdy
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:08 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless View Post
howdy
And a BIG HOWDYdddd right back at ya! Hope you did not have any problems with all the storms we just had. We dodged the bullet last night but I understand another round is on its way. Spring used to be my favorite time of the year. Now I don't look forward to spring because of all the bad storms it seems to bring. I guess now my favorite time of year is fall.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:44 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
jlturner.... thanks I sent him an email to see what he has.

DtBt..... it is the actual control panel inside the coach.... everything works fine, but one of the previous owners broke out or pushed his finger thru the pads on the control panel.... picture attached.... or at least attempted to attach.

nodine..... the new headlight is just the headlight.... and not the whole assembly so it does not show me any information on how to get the whole thing out to replace the headlight only.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0230.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	221.2 KB
ID:	61714  
bjwurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:53 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome aboard and glad to have you with us. Hope you get your issues resolved.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:53 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Wow Brad. That panel looks nasty. I doubt you can find a replacement panel. It looks like it is still functional tho.
I replaced the headlights on my Windsor. You probably already know it takes a 90's F150 or Bronco replacement. The whole assembly comes out with screws through the fiberglass mounting bracket molded into front cap. At least one of the screws is difficult to see. My memory is not that good and I no longer have the Windsor.
That year Windsor is a great unit. Best of luck.

Tags