Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
From Don,

""Even though I didn't get the complete instruction manual and the extra switch, I did get 4 pairs of u-bolts when I only needed one pair. They need to pay attention to their packaging."

Don,

They need to be paying more attention to Quality in every aspect! Although they are very easy to deal with!

I installed mine in November 2011 (Which I received with a crushed timer!) and could not test it before Spring 2012. It worked fantastic for a couple of trips then I started to find it less effective when I was re-centering it. So I beleive I just got used to it!

One day this year I was under the coach and I asked my wife to press the centering button and I couldn't hear anything, I then supplied 12 volts directly to the Grey wire and nothing happened. When I called BlueOX, they said "We'll send you a full unit" What a great service! Only problem, I had to pay $140 duties for the replacement and I was supposed to return the old unit back. More $$$! Actually I didn't send it back yet since after the first trip the new unit failed also.

I said to myself "Two units failing, I must have goofed on the install!" I check everything again and tried to test my first unit. I couldn't make it work outside of the vehicle. I decided to dismantle the unit to find corrosion in the relay mechanism. I cleaned it up and it worked!

I went under the MH and removed the cover plate from the solenoid to find the box full of water. I cleaned it up, drilled a 1/8" hole in the bottom of the box (To let water flow out), resealed it and Voilà! It has been working flawlessly for the last year!

Again, it is a fantastic product when it works and it's priced right but they needed to improved the quality.

Sorry for the long reply but I think it might helpfull for some! Here are a couple of pics. (BTW, the corrosion you see in the pics happened after only a couple of weeks!)

Ciao.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	True center 1.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	45940   Click image for larger version

Name:	True center 3.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	45941  

Click image for larger version

Name:	True center 4.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	45942   Click image for larger version

Name:	True center 7.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	45943  

Dynasty_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #44
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
Joe,

They have different functions. Devices like the SteerSafe keep the steering wheel from making an abrupt movement. The Tyron bands fill the grove in the center of the wheel so the tire bead does not drop down into the valley and then come off the wheel. Once the tire comes off the wheel steering is almost impossible and the coach will veer suddenly to the left or right.

I guess I have read about to many bad accidents from a front tire blowout and am somewhat driven by fear. I have a tire pressure monitoring system, change my tires at 5 years of age, have the TruCenter and the Tyrons. Even all that may not keep us safe but I feel better.

Bob
Thanks for the explanation Bob! If the extra cost is not a problem then I too would certainly go for the most protection!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #45
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I know I read in some posts a couple of years ago that several people had issues with the unit not being water tight. We're here in California so it won't see much rain/water, but I'll probably look at putting some extra protection around it.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Maybe I should move in California... all my problems would be solved.

Take care.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:49 AM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayman09 View Post
Maybe I should move in California... all my problems would be solved.

Take care.
Moving to California seems a little drastic!

Ciao, Don, et al,

We also had the problem of water intrusion with our TruCenter. We were able to send ours back to the factory and they repaired it and sealed it up with RTV. It has been working fine sine. The original unit had a loose fit where the cable enters the unit. I would check yours and if it has a loose fit where the cables enters the unit you might want to seal it with RTV.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:39 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
Moving to California seems a little drastic!

Ciao, Don, et al,

We also had the problem of water intrusion with our TruCenter. We were able to send ours back to the factory and they repaired it and sealed it up with RTV. It has been working fine sine. The original unit had a loose fit where the cable enters the unit. I would check yours and if it has a loose fit where the cables enters the unit you might want to seal it with RTV.

Bob
What is RTV? I'm guessing it's a sealant...
Old 09-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Recon4
RtV is a sealant (Maybe silicone).

Bob,

on mine (2 of them) the water was entering by the four rivets holding the solenoid in place and by the pivot stud. I sealed them and to make sure there would be no more water staying in there, I drilled a small hole at the rear bottom.

I also made it part of the annual maintenance to open the box and grease the pivots point. As you can see the pulling is done by a cotter pin... not very strong or long lasting.

Anyway, moving to California would extend my race driving season and do a lot of good for my old bones!

Tags
steering