Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2016, 08:42 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Sagging in Left Rear

When it rains it pours. We woke up to a sagging rear left end of the coach. We drove over some rough road on Sunday and Monday so we must have damaged something. I started the coach and it leveled out so that's good. It also took about 36 hours to drop which is also good. The suspension has never sagged before in the 8 months we've owned it.

A couple questions:

I thought the suspension was divided into front and back. I guess that's not true or it would have sagged at both rear sides and not just the left. Does each wheel have its own closed system?

With a leak that slow I'm inclined to drive it and fix it when I get home. If I drive it and it develops a bigger leak do I risk damaging something? In other words is a catastrophic failure a possibility?
barmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2016, 09:10 AM   #2

Sigh. For the umpteenth time I point out that if members would only post the details of their coach in their questions we would be able to offer better advice.

To avoid having to remember to add it to the post, many of us have added the details to our signatures.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:31 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
My 01 Scepter does the same thing, sometimes. Only the left rear. The valve sometimes leaks and causes the bags to go down overnight. I dump my air on arrival and the bags fill just fine on start up. No worries here.
monacojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:44 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
If you have hwh air leveling chances are you have leaky o rings on you rear six pack valves. The fix has been posted here many times.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:09 PM   #5

Ditto my '03 Camelot, same corner. Replaced the six pack at Alliance and that slowed the sagging but didn't stop it. I suspect there is a slow leak somewhere else in that corner.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:14 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
It probably your left leveling valve, i will attach a drawing on the air system, it is a good idea to post what coach you have or have it in your sig. I think you have a 2000 Dyn.
I have another drawing with the lines and connection somewhere but cant find it now.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 02:08 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by distaff View Post
Sigh. For the umpteenth time I point out that if members would only post the details of their coach in their questions we would be able to offer better advice.

To avoid having to remember to add it to the post, many of us have added the details to our signatures.
The coach is in my signature. What details do you want besides year, make and model?
Old 09-27-2016, 02:10 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by walt2137 View Post
It probably your left leveling valve, i will attach a drawing on the air system, it is a good idea to post what coach you have or have it in your sig. I think you have a 2000 Dyn.
I have another drawing with the lines and connection somewhere but cant find it now.
Thanks. I thought my coach was in my signature. You can't see it?
Old 09-27-2016, 02:11 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I have hydraulic leveling, not air.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:40 PM   #10

My left side sags also. It used to go down in a couple of days and after I changed my air
dryer it now takes 4 days. I tried to find the leak and couldn't, so I'm going to live with
it. I just take the air out of the air bags or put it up on the jacks
oldguy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 02:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
Thanks. I thought my coach was in my signature. You can't see it?
Nope, can't see it.

Make, model and year tell us what chassis you have. Monaco made coaches used several, and some of the coaches included in this forum (including some Beavers) used a non-Roadmaster chassis.

Details such as hydraulic vs air leveling are specific to the coach, so it is a detail you would need to include in the post.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 03:47 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
It's a 2000 Dynasty on S series chassis.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:29 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Is it a tag? Each axle has a manifold with 6 air solenoid valves. Three valves on each manifold for each side (drivers/passenger).

For each side on each axle the manifold valves are travel (top) lower (middle I think) and raise. They have two o rings each. HWH sells the o rings for $8 for all six valves. You must have the system aired down and properly supported to replace them. If your not comfortable with that--order the orings and take them to a shop.

The valve that can cause fits is the travel valve. Mind was intermittent on the front left and caused intermittent pulling. It's easy to see if a raise or lower valve is working just push the button. Travel valves not so easy

You should measure 16 ohms or so when you unplug the valve and check the two leads. It's a 9.5 watt valve. My travel valve was at 96 ohms which limited power to the valve to less than 2 watts. Valve wouldn't work. The valves are $124 each. If you have a valve with over 18 ohms spray it with deoxit and measure it again. The Packard two wire weatherproof connectors (valve pigtails) are very durable weatherproof connectors.

Jeff
2001 Dynasty Regent tag axle
Cummins 350 8.3 ISC
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
FMCA U60 Task Force Chairman
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:44 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I had something similar except it was the driver's side front corner that was low. As a newbie I was concerned that is was something serious and expensive so I reluctantly took it to a local truck and heavy equipment shop to get it checked out.

Fortunately it turned out that it was just a levelling valve that required adjusting, so $200 in labor and no parts later I was on my way with a coach that now sits level.

Cheers
Dave
2 humans, 2 poodles, 2 Kitties and 2 mascots
DaveKingston is offline   Reply With Quote