Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2014, 04:44 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynnwalter View Post
Dave, Papa J
When we travel without the generator running, we turn on the inverter (MSW 2k watt. we turn off the ice maker, not wanting to use the water from our tank. This does cause the ice cream to be less 'hard' than normal (with ice maker on) so there is some difference between having the ice maker on and off as far as the freezer is concerned. Incidentally, we turned the temps up to 40F in fridge due to ice on lettuce and 8F in freezer due to ice cream so cold it was work just to dip some into a bowl. Life is good w/o Norcold!
Frank W. 09 Cayman
Lake City, Florida
Frank,

You will find that if you leave the ice maker off for 24 hours your ice cream will be easy to scoop. I have played with this and cannot detect that the freezer digital temperature display reflects the colder temp when the ice maker is on. Not sure why that is unless the software is programmed to return the set point temp to the readout display when the ice maker is on, thus hiding the super freeze mode. I have been meaning to place a wireless thermometer inside the freezer to investigate this but have not gotten around to it. Do you have any extra round-tu-its laying around! We keep the freezer set point to the highest it will go, I think 8 degrees and the ice cream still gets as hard as a brick when the ice maker is on but the readout says the freezer temp is 8. Go figure.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2014, 01:13 PM   #16

Bob
x2. Same thing with ours. We are in Kingsland, Ga for a few days and the water here is unacceptable for making ice, so I turned off the ice maker. Just now we had a couple Kondike bars and they were not their usual brick hardness. Temp reading is still 8F in freezer, so, as you say, it must not be displaying the actual temp at one point or the other. But...I don't really care. Life is so good without the Norcold. I sleep better, too.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:58 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynnwalter View Post
Bob
x2. Same thing with ours. We are in Kingsland, Ga for a few days and the water here is unacceptable for making ice, so I turned off the ice maker. Just now we had a couple Kondike bars and they were not their usual brick hardness. Temp reading is still 8F in freezer, so, as you say, it must not be displaying the actual temp at one point or the other. But...I don't really care. Life is so good without the Norcold. I sleep better, too.
Yes Frank, scoop-able ice cream is life's "frosting on the cake".

Got to love that Samsung.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replace, replacement