Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #1

Sani Con

I dumped my tanks a couple of months ago and the Sani Con worked fine.
I sanitized my water tank today and used the Sanicon to evac the water and no sound of it working. The light in the bay is on, so I assume I have power, but I can't hear it run and can not feel it pumping in the hose. Does that sound like an impeller problem?
PR
promine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
On our Sanicon unit there is a small relay between the power source and the pump. Our relay failed and the result was exactly as you have described. I don't think you have an impeller problem, because in your case your pump doesn't run at all.

Follow the wires backwards from your Sanicon unit and see if you have a relay like that. You could try to connect 12V directly to the pump and see if it runs. If it does, my money is on the said relay.

Here is the name/spec of our relay: SANYOU SARL-112D 12V 5pins 40A 14VDC SARL-112D

Good luck.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
What has probably happened is that you have blown the fuse, I think it's 10 amp.
Depending on what model coach you have, look around the switch in the sewer bay, if you don't find it there then look in the fuse box in the engine compartment. The last place to look is in the fuse panel in the closet.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:23 AM   #4

The Sani Con is real hard to get to. Seems they don't make these things to work on. I will see if I can find the relay.
I have looked for a fuse, with no luck.

Thanks
Old 11-14-2013, 06:46 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
When you say that the light in the bay is on, I assumed that you mean the operation light for the Sanicon (red light)? This is why I suggested the relay and this is what happened to us.

If the red light does not come on when turning on the Sanicon it could be a fuse issue. If it does light up I still believe it is the relay. This relay is tucked away behind the wet bay panel so the use of a mirror may assist you in spotting it.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:50 AM   #6

Yes it is the red light that is also the rocker switch. Relay makes sence. If it were a fuse I would guess there would be no light.
I will check it out. Thanks for the input
Old 11-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #7

Well I lucked out. It was the switch. Replaced the switch and wala. Shure hope I don't have to replace the Sani Con. Don't know how to get to it without takeing the face panel appart in the dump bay.
Thanks for your input. This is a great site
PR
Old 11-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Good news promine

As for taking the entire unit our: Mine is fixed to the plastic sidewall of the wet bay with just a couple of screws. My 2 screws are not easy to access unless you use a "long neck" screwdriver but it sounds a lot worse than it actually is. Maybe yours is the same?

Old 11-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #9

This is a 2008 Camalot. and I think you would have to talke out the wet wall that has all the switches and valves for the wet bay. Hope I don't have to do that.
Waiting for the 2015 Dynasty and see how that looks. Maybe we will trade up. Hope it maches the quality of our Camalot.
PR
Old 11-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I use a Flo-Jet portable (Same motor) and every time I go to use it it blows the fuse,,,,, Of course I only use it a couple times a year.

Finally figured out the motor shaft goes all the way through and the non-pump end is slotted.. I can free it up BEFORE I plug it in.. This may help.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:36 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I use a Flo-Jet portable (Same motor) and every time I go to use it it blows the fuse,,,,, Of course I only use it a couple times a year.

Finally figured out the motor shaft goes all the way through and the non-pump end is slotted.. I can free it up BEFORE I plug it in.. This may help.
The macerator pump motors draw a lot of current. Our Sani-Con says on the label to fuse at 20 amps. Ours came with a 20 amp auto reset circuit breaker and I installed that with a dedicated line using 12 gauge wire.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by promine View Post
This is a 2008 Camalot. and I think you would have to talke out the wet wall that has all the switches and valves for the wet bay. Hope I don't have to do that.
Waiting for the 2015 Dynasty and see how that looks. Maybe we will trade up. Hope it maches the quality of our Camalot.
PR
Slightly off topic but I wouldn't buy a new off the line model as the 2015 Dynasty. Sure, I want to see it but this is the first unit built by the new company with a brand new chassis.

My experience has been, don't buy the first year model so that they can work the bugs out..... they have enough bugs after years of the same model.

I certainly want to see the new style as Navistar really dropped the ball using the old Signature shell calling it a Dynasty then coming out with a new style Dynasty with only 2 floor plans. Even the current guy says there is no room in the old Dynasty to hold a box of cereal upright. Let them work out the bugs first.

Mark
Mr.Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:45 PM   #13

stumped

I am trying to disassemble the sanicon to check for debris and the condition of the impeller. I am not sure how to get to the three screws on the hose section. I am unable to use one of my screwdrivers because lack of space. I thought of using a pipe wrench to detach the white connection so I can get to the screws. I sure there is an easy answer that I have overlooked. I appreciate any help with this.
rogueag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:48 PM   #14

My 09 Camelot has a Sani-Con. Have not had an excuse to use it yet as I have not had to dump uphill. Maybe one day.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote