Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2019, 08:00 PM   #29

That's exactly what my friend was wondering, whats going down his black tank to cause problems.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2019, 07:53 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
I have read that using the black tank chemicals that come in the little "pouches" will totally clogged the Sani-Con pump. Apparently the pouches do not totally dissolve, so I have never used them. Once the empty pouch clogs the pump, it only takes a short time to ruin the pump running it dry!
patgreenair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:15 AM   #31

So... if when I connect a water hose to the water-hose intake attachment, no water goes in, then I've got a clogged condition?

Also, when I depress the rocker switch for this operation, nothing happens - no noise, to vibration, no... nothing - then either I've a popped circuit breaker or a blown fuse or a burnt-out pump?

An by the way, there is nothing in the Owner's Manual or the provided manuals that discuss/ display the operations in any way of any value. Basically only a paragraph of … nothing!
Just For Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:46 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill767 View Post
I hear this a lot too. I got rid of the Sani-Con hose to free up space, for what, may I ask? My Sani-Con hose occupies a small space to the right of the outlet. It doesn't leak, drip, or have to be handled other than coiling it up there. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I did not get rid of it to free up space. I got rid of it because it's completely unnecessary for me. I have had zero need to pump uphill. The standard big gravity dump hose allows the tank clean out good (there were solids building up as the infamous poo TP from prior owners), I get no mess with standard hose either. I just prefer simple. Gravity is simple. You are correct, different strokes.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:41 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Bill767,
I think you are referring to the 1" outlet from the sanicon...whereas the few of us that removed it are talking about the 3" INLET into the sanicon pictured here (someone else's wet bay with the left end disconnected from sewer outlet but still connected to sanicon - I actually took the sanicon panel off too)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	29dont_copy.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	243237  
Old 04-24-2019, 04:18 AM   #34

I'm not sure what you are saying. The big 3" hose always stays connected to the outlet from the coach. Therefore no possible leaking, and the 1" hose after putting the garden hose cap on the end of the adapter that goes into the sewer makes it a self contained unit. When I go to leave I just pull it all in and it sits to the right of the outlet in my coach. The fact that it is clean and dry makes it worthwhile to me.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:04 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
just trying to make sure we are not mixing up the meaning of the 3" hose...

There are two involved in this discussion that I saw and think some got mixed up...

there's the old style 3" stinky slinky that typically is hooked up outside the wet bay and
there's the 3" short hose in the wet bay that runs from the sewer outlet to the sanicon inlet...

just trying to clarify and hope this helps others --- after all, so far, we can still do what we feel is best and there's more than one right way
Old 04-25-2019, 06:11 PM   #36

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I think what Bill is saying is there is no usefull storage space in there, so what difference does it make if there is 3 or 4' of 3" hose sitting on the floor of the compartment. I'm with him!