RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2019, 11:24 PM   #1

Sani-Con... No not Santa Clause!

As in the attached pictures, I have this option. But - other than simple a water inlet for assisting in the thorough flushing of my Black tank - why is the a "switch" for this?

Just For Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2019, 11:27 PM   #2

OK. This time with pictures!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170124_120729_001_resized.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	280.8 KB
ID:	242208   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190406_092749.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	276.8 KB
ID:	242209  

Old 04-16-2019, 04:24 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
The switch activates a macerator pump that empties and macerates the contents of your black tank. It has nothing to do with flushing the black tank. The motor both empties your black tank and is able to pump the contents uphill to the sewer drain if needed. Once connected, the system is designed to offer the convenience of not having to connect and disconnect a sewer hose with each dump station stop. Your manual should explain its complete operation as there is a proper sequence to be followed for effective use.
Stan&Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:34 AM   #4

Stan nailed it for the switch labeled "SANI-CON". If you are asking about the switch labeled "WATER PUMP", that is just for convenience, and is for your main coach water supply pump. When you are hooked to city water, you don't use that pump, and you can shut off the water at the supply hose bib. When you are using your onboard water, you can shut off the water with this switch. It is a momentary switch that is in parallel with the other water pump switches you have inside your coach. You can turn the pump on or off from any of the four switches. They all work thru your Intellitec system located in one of your bedroom cabinets.

We use 100% RO in our coach, so we pump every ounce we use. That switch is handy when it's time to change water filters, or for pumping anti-freeze for winterizing, to name a couple of reasons.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:39 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Are you asking what is supposed to happen when you flip the SANI-CON switch, but nothing does? If so, your Sani-Con pump may not be working - if it is working, it'll be pretty loud.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:23 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Do not run the sanicon dry !
if your valves are closed or the tank is empty, you can damage the sanicon...

BUT, I will tell you I don't use my sanicon... got tired of the big hose in my wet bay taking up all the space and just installed a clear drop down extension I hook the stinky slinky to...
Old 04-16-2019, 09:17 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post

BUT, I will tell you I don't use my sanicon... got tired of the big hose in my wet bay taking up all the space and just installed a clear drop down extension I hook the stinky slinky to...
So...then... it's long "doody hose" or standard "slinky". That's the question. Whether it is to roll out the long hose if needed to pump up hill or slinky-it to the closest dump? That is the question?
Old 04-16-2019, 09:59 AM   #8

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Sounds to me like your Sani-con is not being used, or, a previous owner has removed it entirely.
What happens when you turn the switch on for a second?
Old 04-16-2019, 10:08 AM   #9

Quote:

So your slinky hose is smaller than the Sani-Con hose? Where do you store the slinky?
Old Yesterday, 06:51 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
No sir, standard 3" stinky slinky I store in a fence post above the propane tank...
I didn't like the 3" hose between the sewer outlet TO the sanicon... like shown below that took up the whole compartment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-09-05 001.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	242.6 KB
ID:	242396  
Old Yesterday, 07:06 AM   #11

The Sani-Con pumps out through a hose that is a bit bigger than a standard garden hose, not the standard stinky slinky style sewer hose, and can pump up to a distance of about 100 feet and 6-8 feet up hill if a long enough hose is connected, this allows for emptying into sewer clean outs, toilets, etc.
Old Yesterday, 08:13 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Just curious - if you pump with the sani-con 100 feet uphill, how is the hose cleaned (emptied) when your done and ready to disconnect?

Does the 100 ft of grey water still in the hose then drain onto the ground at the coach connection point?
Old Yesterday, 08:19 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, unless you walk the hose 'loop' up to the drain point with it higher all the way...

Remember, marketing claims of pumping uphill IS true, but doesn't always work to completion
Old Yesterday, 09:10 AM   #14

Quote:
No sir, standard 3" stinky slinky I store in a fence post above the propane tank...
I didn't like the 3" hose between the sewer outlet TO the sanicon... like shown below that took up the whole compartment
Got it, that does take up a bunch of room like that, mine is shorter and more compact, and the Sani-Con hose is smaller than stinky slinky. I used the slinky most of last year but am starting to like the Sani-Con better, then I don't need to carry the slinky. The only place I found for slinky is in basement in a bin. Downfall of Sani-Con is it is slow. Always interesting how other do things and why, especially with me being new at all this.