Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2008, 07:50 AM   #1

I have a crack in my 3" Sanicon hose. I ordered a new hose from Thetford and found the 3" X 24" hose was a foot short of the old hose. I should have taken the panel off before ordering the hose.

I went back to Sanicon/Thedford's web site and could not find a 36" hose. Will a regular heavy duty 3" sewer hose cut to length do the same job? I probably should have ordered through Monaco in the first place. I guess this post is a heads up and measure reminder before ordering.

2009 Saturn VUE XE FWD
Phrog Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2008, 07:50 AM   #2

I have a crack in my 3" Sanicon hose. I ordered a new hose from Thetford and found the 3" X 24" hose was a foot short of the old hose. I should have taken the panel off before ordering the hose.

I went back to Sanicon/Thedford's web site and could not find a 36" hose. Will a regular heavy duty 3" sewer hose cut to length do the same job? I probably should have ordered through Monaco in the first place. I guess this post is a heads up and measure reminder before ordering.

2009 Saturn VUE XE FWD
Old 09-27-2008, 08:30 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Google "rv sewer hose mil" and you will get sewer hose choices of 8 to 21 mils thickness. I would hope that one of these would be better than the black one Sanicon supplies, as the smell permeates through it. WHEW!

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:31 AM   #4

Thanks, I give them a try.

2009 Saturn VUE XE FWD
Old 09-27-2008, 10:19 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Phrog Driver,

The important thing is to make sure the hose does not collapse when the pump is on. Get the thickest hose you can find keep and eye on it. One place you might not think to look is at McMaster-Carr www.mcmaster.com . They should have some heavy duty 3 inch hose. I ordered some once to suck up leaves in my yard.

Bob

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phrog Driver:

I went back to Sanicon/Thedford's web site and could not find a 36" hose. Will a regular heavy duty 3" sewer hose cut to length do the same job? I probably should have ordered through Monaco in the first place. I guess this post is a heads up and measure reminder before ordering. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:39 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I took the sani-con out, & repositioned it -- The hole for unpluging with a flat blade screwdriver is now easily accessable -- I replaced the 3' hose with a heavy duty one,that I got @ Camping World,& cut it to length -- I showed the set-up to MonacoMama, & will post some photos when I can get someone to do it for me(Happycarz are you listening)- I can do sewers,but not geeky stuff -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:02 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
In another forum I had written:
We had purchased our 2005 HR used and noted that the sani-con hose had been sliced off by the first owner. Upon further investigation, I discovered that two of the locking tabs were broken from the 3" sanicon connector and when I removed the sani-con pump cover, I found dried toilet tissue inside the pump cover. The first owner must have attempted to dump the black tank first and then when it plugged, attempted to clear it the only way he knew since he couldn't get to the screwdriver slot. That must have been an overnight stop to behold - shades of the movie RV.

I completely rebuilt the sani-con system using local parts and a replacement 1" hose and wand from sani-con. I changed the location of the sani-con so that it is mounted on the right side of the compartment on the ledge with heavy duty velcro so it could be removed easily for maintenance. After 2000 miles it hasn't moved. The location also permits me full access to the screwdriver slot. The 3" hose attaches at the back of the compartment, leads around to the right side into the Sani-con and then out the bottom of the compartment thru a new access hatch I installed to get rid of that little round 3" hole that never was alligned correctly. With the grey water open, the unit completely drains and I have no backup since the incline is all downhill.

I have been using the sani-con only since then and I have been very satisfied with it. It sure makes dumping so much easier and cleaner. I keep a 3" hose onboard in case the sani-con pump system breaks down. Other than that, I'm not going back - but on the next coach I'll install it myself and not rely on the idiot engineers.

By the way, I got by with one heck of a lot less than a 24" hose. If you are interested in photos, please contact me offline as all attempts to attach or upload pics has been fruitless.
Florida Panhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:52 AM   #8

Thanks for the ideas. I am going to try to use the best solution for the job. Time is not critical as I can dump with a standard 10' X 3" hose. I kind of like the idea of moving the sanicon to gain access to the unplugging hole although I have never had to use it. I just need to see how much of a job that would be. I surely am not one to create a problem while trying to solve one. Thanks again for the replies.

2009 Saturn VUE XE FWD
Old 09-27-2008, 06:24 PM   #9

If you're near farming country, try a supply place that farmers use for spraying equipment. They may be able to help if you ask for 3 inch suction hose. It is really tough stuff with exterior ribs to keep it from collapsing. Good luck, HarveyP

Cummins/Allison
HarveyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:29 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
There is a 35" hose on there site.
The part number is 70422-35
Maybe this will work ?
Old 09-28-2008, 01:15 PM   #11

UPS 34,

It took me a bit to figure out you were referring to the Sani-con/Thedford web site. Sure enough, one of the units has a 35" hose length. They just don't show it as a part that can be ordered. I e-mailed them today and hope to get an answer in the next day or so. Maybe I can get a return and credit on my original purchase. Thanks again.

2009 Saturn VUE XE FWD
Old 09-28-2008, 03:52 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Our Sani-con came from Monaco with a rigid pipe connected to the pump from the tanks and a 1" flexible hose out. Could this solution work in your situation?

2007 Ford Explorer V8 Towed
Bobby C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:27 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Bobby C...
Can you post a photo..or send me a photo so I can post it?

This is the first time I have heard of a Sani-Con from factory being hard plumbed...

Thanks

Mama

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:59 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Picture here Just scroll down
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote