RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2015, 10:01 PM   #15

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post

and as far as letting the black tank and grey tanks 'equalize' - imho, that is a real no-no... you are letting black 'stuff' into your grey tank :(
why not just use the flush for the black tank ?
You flood the black tank with grey water 'after' you have drained the black tank. When you see the water flow slowing down, you close the grey valve. Works like a quick flush.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2015, 08:16 AM   #16

I use our Sani-Con exclusively, can't imagine like other posters why you would want to use a dirty slinky if you have the Sani-Con. You are taking a completely closed system and breaking into it if you remove the "jumper slinky". Also I do the equalization most times and every month or so clean out the back tank thoroughly with the black tank wash. I don't believe when you have an empty black tank and open the gray which is full that any black can get in the gray tank, and if it does, what's so awful about it? Some coaches only have one waste tank.... Just a few of my opinions.

Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:16 PM   #17
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
On a bit of a different note my 08 Endeavor exit hole did not line up well with the outlet when trying to use the slinky. I replaced the narrow deck plate with a much wider one. Much easier now. Also note if you have not discovered this that the outlet will articulate up and down. If you raise it up before disconnecting you are less likely to have any escape.

I took the mounting screws out of my macerator and removed the plastic housing as well. Then I shortened the hose between it and the outlet. This allows me to actually pull the macerator overboard which will put it at a lower place while disconnecting things.

Since you have an Endeavor too I suggest adding a second in tank sprayer with quick disconnects. The new sprayer can be placed close to the sensors and you will not have the incorrect readings that often occur.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:48 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks Myron for the ideas. Yes, i do know the outlet articulates. Mine lines up correctly with the outlet plate in the wet bay floor so that is not a problem. I will look at the pump placement as you suggest. good idea too regarding the additional spray/flush nozzle.
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 05:03 PM   #19
JFC

Monaco Owners Club
My 07 Scepter came with the sani-con and I've used it exclusively for the last 8 years with no problem. I bought an extra 25 foot hose from sani-con years ago and when I wanted to empty at home, I would just take off the end, attach the hose and pump into a clean out at home. Since the storage garage I use now has a dump station, I haven't used the extension for years. I don't leave the system connected to the CG sewer, just dump when necessary or before leaving so there is usually plenty of gray to flush with. I purchased a replacement impeller kit two years ago due to the age of the system, but never had a problem. The coach was in the shop for some mods last month, so I had them replace the impeller as a PM. I also do the gray to black flush as suggested in the sani-con literature and no problem in 8 years.