Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2017, 03:18 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Satelite TV Dome

Does anyone in the northwest Chicago Metro suburban have any experience with a Direct TV authorized dealer ??

According to their websites, the closest to me would be either General RV in Huntley Illinois or Camping World in Island Lake Illinois. - The only problem I have with either one is that they sell/install & service just about anything you can get for a motorhome.

What I'm looking for is an 'authorized' service facility that basically sells & services just the Direct TV products including the roof top domes, receivers, remotes, etc. I'd like someone that knows 'what they are doing' when it comes to these systems and are not just interested in selling something.

Our local phone books or the internet doesn't give me anyone.....as best as I can determine anyway. - I have found dealers that 'sprecialize' in the systems for residential use but none for RV's.

Thanks
FMCA # F26083
fluffyms is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2017, 05:13 AM   #2

DIRECTV will not touch an RV sat system. If you have issues with their products such as receivers and remotes, contact them directly.
Mhcorrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:16 AM   #3

If you have a problem with your dome you need to contact the manufacturer directly for a list of authorized dealers who will fix it. Get your receiver from Direct TV and the service guy will install it
mccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:30 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyms View Post
Does anyone in the northwest Chicago Metro suburban have any experience with a Direct TV authorized dealer ??

According to their websites, the closest to me would be either General RV in Huntley Illinois or Camping World in Island Lake Illinois. - The only problem I have with either one is that they sell/install & service just about anything you can get for a motorhome.

What I'm looking for is an 'authorized' service facility that basically sells & services just the Direct TV products including the roof top domes, receivers, remotes, etc. I'd like someone that knows 'what they are doing' when it comes to these systems and are not just interested in selling something.

Our local phone books or the internet doesn't give me anyone.....as best as I can determine anyway. - I have found dealers that 'sprecialize' in the systems for residential use but none for RV's.

Thanks
What, specifically, are you trying to accomplish?

Typically, on an older RV, the easiest solution is an external portable sat dish (usually standard definition only) or a tripod mounted dish and a compatible receiver.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:17 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I use a King Quest (about $400) and it works great. Installed myself, just 4 screws and a coax cable. Call direct tv and have them send you a non-HD receiver or you can buy one at Best Buy.
monacojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:23 AM   #6

I used a sat service that serviced and sold KVH products.
DTV only on my dish.
Used the older boxes.
There will be many marine sat install/ser places in the Metro Chicago/Lake Mich.area.
Boats use alot of high end sat systems.
Check with a local West Marine store for local service techs
Any qualified boat sat installer can setup a system
Daytonaman is offline   Reply With Quote