Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2019, 07:47 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Wow, your right, that is not a very good life expectancy. Did they have the replacement in stock? I may be contacting them tomorrow. Good luck. Happy Trails Bert
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2019, 08:03 PM   #16

Jobert,
they had 6 in stock Fri in the OK warehouse.
echo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:58 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo3 View Post
Jobert,
they had 6 in stock Fri in the OK warehouse.
What about the 11163018 FDC module without the hydraulic module attached? That is what I would get unless I thought the hydraulic valve was bad.

In Jobert's case with the intermittent problem you may be better off replacing the FDCA 11163020 in case the hydraulic valve is the problem.

I do wonder if it may be the wiring or the Cummins ECM connector at the engine. On an unrelated intermittent problem I have with an EGR Control check engine related light the ECM plug and wiring is my next test but not while travelling.

One thing you could try is removing the FDC from the FDCA and wiggling the wires going into the "potting" with the engine running to see if that changes the speed. Intermittent can be tough.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:50 PM   #18
rgl

Monaco Owners Club
We just went through this too. a week before leaving for an extended trip, I started it to get fuel and check things. The fan was doing an intermittent fast speed which is quite unnerving if you happen to be standing at the open hood. It was still under 125 degrees. I checked oil level and the connector, which appeared OK.

After reading hard, and wanting the source engineering wax setup, I went with the replacement controller (Danfoss 11163020)

Berendsen was the seller but it was interesting. I knew from here and calls made, there were 7 in Tulsa, but the woman I spoke to in San Diego was not going to deal with it til the next day. So the next day I called Tulsa early. They asked where I was and said I had to deal with someone local.

They were very helpful on confirming what I was getting and shipped overnight. They gave a little discount but it still ended up over $1000 with shipping, tax and a surcharge

Compared to $695 for the Source Eng kit plus welding costs and removal of the coolant line, as well as one or 2 hoses and maybe a thermostat, and messing with coolant, the price was not that bad (I can't believe I just typed that!)

Clearly buying the wax valve from White House or elsewhere for around $400 and sourcing the weld bung and orifice, and looking around for a sympathetic welder, the project would not be a big deal while changing hoses and or coolant, given the time.

The swapout was simple, and it seems to run a bit cooler with the temp fluctuating a little more than before, though I just replaced my CAC, and cleaned the radiator thoroughly while it was exposed.

Thanx to hypoxia and other commenters
Old 07-29-2019, 06:45 PM   #19

Berendsen Fluid Power for me was slightly over $800 (tax and shipping ground). To get the 11163018 only (electronics portion), was only $112 less. I felt buying the total unit, 11163020, was my best gamble.
I might go Source next, but $695 + tax, welding, and shipping + more time to install, will be near $900.
echo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:32 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Just ordered mine today also, leaving Saturday and will be here Thursday. Berendsen also sent me to a more local dealer, but she did dicker a little. I did try two other Danfoss vendors and one had nothing in stock, and another, that I had talked to when diagnosing the problem 2 years ago, would order it with a lead time of 7-9 weeks. He said call him if I could not find one anywhere else. His price was over 1K also. Ended up with low 900 range tax and shipping in. Will save the old one as I think the external wiring on the electronic module is most of the problem, but not sure. Thanks everyone for the source of the part and insight on pricing. Hope the install goes as well. Happy Trails Bert
Old 08-04-2019, 09:13 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Installed it and it works as it is supposed to. Have about 500 miles on it now and its so nice not to have to go out and wiggle wires or tap it go get it to engage rather than full speed. Like said earlier, hope it lasts another 12-13 years like that. Thanks for all the help and location of the new controller. Have a great day. Happy Trails, Bert
Old 08-06-2019, 12:52 PM   #22

Greetings,

I have been reading this thread and will need to replace the Sauer Danfoss Control Assembly (FDCA) in a 2007 Monaco Executive with the Cummins 525 horsepower engine.

The hydraulic fan runs at full speed sometimes when the engine is first started and then it stops a couple of minutes later. We just completed an 1800+ mile round trip from Virginia to Maine and the hydraulic fan would run really fast and then stop, and it would run slowly for a minute and stop for a few seconds and then roar.

This replacement will be a first for me. Once I find a vendor, order and then receive the correct FDCA, what steps are involved in removing the original unit?

I know that the two hydraulic lines are removed along with the electrical harness. Do the hydraulic lines necessitate a temporary crimp to prevent hydraulic fluid loss? If so, will vice-grips suffice?

This replacement seems simple enough but I always ask.

Any replies are more than welcome and thanks for your time.
ZackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:45 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo3 View Post
I have a 2005 Windsor, 400 ISL, with side radiator and Sauer-Danfoss fan controller. Mine failed about 5 years ago and it has started failing again. A few years back, the price for the controller was $1100-1300. Does anyone know of the best price and source for a replacement now? Also, what is the correct part #? Any information on will be appreciated.
I know the SD is newer technology, but I’m again considering a wax valve, such as offered by Source Engineering. The SD seems to be prone to failure and it is more expensive than the wax valve.
This is the latest info I have seen https://www.radwell.ca/en-CA/Buy/DAN...FOSS/11163020/. Looks like they have several price options. I went with the source engineering wax valve this spring. Have only driven about 300 miles with it, but it is working well. Installation was easy. Found a local welder to install the thread-o-let which was about $60.00. Installed a new thermostat while I had the housing off.
bjbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:20 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Zackman, go back a couple of posts and look at the info for Berendsens. The phone number varies by region. They had several in stock as of last week. BJbear has the right part number above.

If the one I just purchased does not have a good service longevity, I will probably look at the Source Valve or another wax valve also.

When I changed mine last week, I disconnected the harness, unscrewed the two hydraulic lines, and there was no fluid loss. No crimping should be necessary. The fittings had a small amount of rust from the 13 years so were a little tough to get started, maybe use a little PB blaster overnight. The two mounting bolts came out pretty easy.
I reused the fittings from the original to the new one, and plugged the old one for possible re-use in an emergency that I hope don't happen. All in all, not a dificult job to do.
Hope this may help, Happy Trails Bert
Old 08-07-2019, 06:07 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobert View Post
Zackman, go back a couple of posts and look at the info for Berendsens. The phone number varies by region. They had several in stock as of last week. BJbear has the right part number above.

If the one I just purchased does not have a good service longevity, I will probably look at the Source Valve or another wax valve also.

When I changed mine last week, I disconnected the harness, unscrewed the two hydraulic lines, and there was no fluid loss. No crimping should be necessary. The fittings had a small amount of rust from the 13 years so were a little tough to get started, maybe use a little PB blaster overnight. The two mounting bolts came out pretty easy.
I reused the fittings from the original to the new one, and plugged the old one for possible re-use in an emergency that I hope don't happen. All in all, not a dificult job to do.
Hope this may help, Happy Trails Bert
Bert,

Thanks for responding. I will order, install and will report back to the forum for everyone’s information.
Old 08-21-2019, 02:05 PM   #26

Greetings all!,

I installed a new Sauer Danfoss Fan Drive Control Assembly (FDCA) and the hydraulic fan no longer roars intermittently as it did before the replacement.

I have driven the coach 380 miles since the new part and am highly satisfied so far.

Time will tell how long the new FDCA will hold up.

Tags
fan