Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2014, 09:50 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Screw in Slide out Floor

We have a 2013 M onaco SFS 33 feet with a full slide out this morning I clean Carpet under dinning room table and found a screw in the carpet I,L tried to remove it but it is VERY TIGHT in floor my Q IS CAN I REMOVE THIS SCREW OR CALL Monaco tech tomorrow???
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP
George
2013 MONACO 33SFS
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Your description is a bit vague, for example, is the screw in a position that looks like it is serving a purpose (i.e., it is screwed-in well....or haphazardly/corked)? Phillips head or Robertson (square) drive head? Etc.

Having "said" the above, I cannot imagine why a screw would be located in this position and/or with its head showing in the carpet pile.
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:50 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Screw in Carpet

HI Robi.1014
Thanks for getting back to me so quick
The Screw serves no purpose
Head is Robertson
Very tight in full slide out floor also screwed in straight
I.M afraid to remove screw and something comes loose underneath
Thanks for your help
George
2013 Monaco Monarch 33 SFS
Old 03-09-2014, 05:48 PM   #4

Jayco Owners Club
If you can't get it out with a screw driver, Use a vice grips and try removing it that way. If still you can't remove it, with the vice grips bend it back and forth until it brakes.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:12 PM   #5

George, if you are concerned that the screw is holding something underneath, go out side and look under it. The slide floors are about 2" thick. I suspect that it may be left over from a support bracket during the build process. If it was in my rig, I would just pull it out. Hope this helps you out.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:11 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Screw in Floor

Hi Everyone and thanks for all your help and support
after close inspection I DID REMOVE SCREW the tip of screw broke off the rest I got out with no problem I did inspect the big slide out from underneat all looks good the screw was left from construction of the Choach
Again THANKS for all your good HELP
George
2013 Monaco Monarch 33SFS toad 2020Saturn 200LS

Tags
scr, slide, slide out