Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2018, 04:04 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
SeeLevel 2 options

Hello,
I am looking to install a SeeLevel 2 as the Aladdin monitoring is no longer working. I am weighing the Bluetooth version and the Aladdin compatible version. Does anyone have the unit that plugs into the Aladdin? I would like pros and cons of if anyone has first hand experience with either system.

Thanks,

JW-
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2018, 04:09 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The SeeLevel system that works through the Alladin system is no longer available. I wish it was.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:27 PM   #3

I just went to the SeeLevel website, and it says their SeeLevel II is designed with an analog output to interface with the Aladdin systems. Here is the link to the manual.

https://www.garnetinstruments.com/wp...ual_v5.3.1.pdf

I hope they haven't abandoned the Aladdin market, as it is only going to become a more and more valuable market for their systems. Also, don't hesitate to look at Silverleaf, in Albany, OR to replace the rest of your Aladdin system if and when you might need it.

From this link https://www.garnetinstruments.com/rv-shop/products/ it appears that they have quite a few variations on their systems. You might even give them a call and talk to them. I did, when we were doing the changeover from Aladdin to SeeLevel on our '06 Dynasty.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:35 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwuch View Post
Hello,
I am looking to install a SeeLevel 2 as the Aladdin monitoring is no longer working. I am weighing the Bluetooth version and the Aladdin compatible version. Does anyone have the unit that plugs into the Aladdin? I would like pros and cons of if anyone has first hand experience with either system.

Thanks,

JW-
I installed the Bluetooth version in my coach. It’s only been in a month or so but seems to work as advertised.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:40 PM   #5

I installed the basic See Level system when my Aladdin system began having issues and it’s working great. I also helped a neighbor install the BT version when he was having issues with the tank sensors and he loves it. I really don’t see any benefit to attaching anything to the Aladdin which is no longer supported. Certain SeeLevel components can be interfaced with the Silverleaf system, of which I also have the basic system, but I see no need to even do that.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 04:31 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
My Alladin seems to be working properly, but I have little experience with it having never used such a system before (this is my first MH).

Can you guys tell me how yours failed? Did it just stop working or what?
Old 05-04-2018, 04:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7JV View Post
I just went to the SeeLevel website, and it says their SeeLevel II is designed with an analog output to interface with the Aladdin systems. Here is the link to the manual.

https://www.garnetinstruments.com/wp...ual_v5.3.1.pdf
If they still offered that model, I would be smiling. Unfortunately, it is no longer available. It is a discontinued item. RATS
Old 05-04-2018, 12:22 PM   #8

My joystick became problematic and failed. It took a year of searching and was able to score one on eBay. While it was down I installed the SeeLevel tank monitors, a separate panel to monitor the generator, a Silverleaf for the engine, and used my EMS to monitor the AC. I was able to bypass the Aladdin to use the backup camera.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 01:00 PM   #9

Call the folks at Garnet. When I was deciding on mine I phoned them and got the owner.
I don't have the Aladdin system on my old Tiffin, but I did end up choosing the Bluetooth version. It works excellent. I put the controller/meter in the wet-bay so I didn't need a phone or tablet while I was dumping to see tank readings. I was very happy to pay a modest premium so I didn't have to pull cable to another remote inside the coach. I've pulled a few cables around and I rate it right up there with a dentist drilling on my teeth, except the cabling takes a lot longer. -Bill
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote