RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2010, 10:43 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Shaky Diplomat

I have a 03 Diplomat PWD. It has the manual RVA hydraulic 3 point leveling system. I never have any real issues adjusting the rig to level.

What we do have is the rig shakes or shimmies when we run the washer/dryer. It is especially strong during the spin cycles. It's more of a side to side movement and is the strongest in the front. I would think that 30,000 lbs sitting on the jacks would be pretty stabile.

We want to put a satellite dish on the roof but are concerned about the coach movement.

Does anyone else have movement when the rigs are on the jacks?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2010, 10:51 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Yup.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Should Not Bother KingDome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Wold View Post
We want to put a satellite dish on the roof but are concerned about the coach movement.

Does anyone else have movement when the rigs are on the jacks?
Richard,

Yes, our rig moves around when on jacks. One thing that helps is to make sure the airbags are completely deflated.

Our KingDome is pretty old - previous owner's records show installation in March of 2002. It works like a champ, regardless of shaking or less than level campsites. If we are just stopping for the night I don't always but the jacks down and level the coach. KingDome finds the DIRECTV satellite every time, assuming unobstructed view of SSE sky. We've yet to experience rain fade even through some pretty heavy showers.

We are using a single LNB configuration so if you go HD or multiple LNB, YMMV.

FWIW,

Dave
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, 2018 GMC Acadia
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:41 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to deadeye916
We have the Slimline HD DirecTV antenna picking up 3 satellites and have never lost signal while doing laundry. While the spin cycle does cause the coach to rattle, it is not moving the coach. I have the 3 point leveling system and I have dumped all air to "pet safe" the parking brake.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:12 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeye916 View Post
We have the Slimline HD DirecTV antenna picking up 3 satellites and have never lost signal while doing laundry. While the spin cycle does cause the coach to rattle, it is not moving the coach. I have the 3 point leveling system and I have dumped all air to "pet safe" the parking brake.
Same here. We have the Slimline HD DirecTV and have never lost the signal even on HD while the wife is running the washer/dryer. My wife is a washing machine Nazi and I have learned to live with the constant operation of the washer/dryer both in the motorhome and the stick house. The frequent pauses of the DVR are usually so she can attend to needed tasks associated with the washer/dryer.

I best keep my mouth shut or I will be doing my own laundry!

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:35 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Yes, ours shakes also. Unlike the rest, we have the KVH sat with the single LNB but it never looses the signal. I don't think you will have a problem with the system.
Bill O.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the replies. I guess that I will nt worry about the movement.