Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2013, 07:11 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
No shoes in house or coach. We have a rug on the ground and one at the top of the stairs. We have mostly tile floors. Got into them sand burs once had shoes on walked to the back of the coach messing with something. Later I stepped on that little bugger barefoot!
We don't have visitors very often the ones that really know us take their shoes off.
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Out of respect......

One of the virtue's my parents taught me is to remove my shoes when entering some ones dwelling(home or RV )out of respect to them and I do it still today, even if the people we are visiting wear their shoes ......we do not, even if told to! (Thanks Mom & Dad for the great values) I do not have a problem telling anyone to remove their shoes when entering any of my indoor dwellings and the ones that have to be asked are the one's that stand right behind you while you are removing your shoes and do not remove theirs while watching what you are doing.....This has amazed me always and wonder what someone could possibly be thinking watching you remove yours and just waiting Now my parents(Dad RIP Oct.2013) as they got older(hard to remove them) wear their shoes in their home, I still do not! and I am told to leave them on every time I visit.......
Old 12-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #17

We don't wear shoes in our coach either. Visitors take them off either outside or just in the door. I've been thinking about driving barefoot too but haven't tried this yet.
Tizbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizbad View Post
We don't wear shoes in our coach either. Visitors take them off either outside or just in the door. I've been thinking about driving barefoot too but haven't tried this yet.
I have "never" driven mine with my shoes on.........What a great feeling........just like sitting in the lazy-boy at home only with a great view
Old 12-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #19

We have a patio mat, welcome mat, vinyl floors, and throw rugs in the traffic zones. If the shoes aint muddy and such, the shoes stay on.

We live here! The broom and vacuum do a good job, and throw rugs are cheap.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Family of 4...never keep shoes on inside the coach (except I prefer to drive with mine on).

The headache for us is where to put all the shoes!! We typically have a couple pair per person, plus flip flops, and it all gets piled in the driver's area by the accelerator and brake petals. Ugh.
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
We live full time in ours and the shoes come off when we feel like taking them off. During the winter the slippers go on as soon as the shoes come off. We have never required anyone to take shoes off in any of the houses or apartments that we have lived in. Some have tried to take theirs off when coming into our places but we tell them that if we don't take ours off then they do not need to take theirs off. That being said if we were visiting someone and they wanted us to take shoes off we have no problem with that.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I guess I am the Lone Ranger....shoes on.
When the carpets get a little dirt on them call a carpet cleaning co. and all is BETTER than new.
I think in my state it is against the law to drive without shoes.
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #23

shoes off?

To remove shoes is a pretty good idea to keep bits of sand and dirt from being carried into the motor home. My problem is a few years ago I slipped while hiking and must have pulled something loose on my left foot. Well we were far from home (remote back country) and when a week had passed, we finally made it back to a city. I was already much better, the doctor said to leave it if it wasn't bothering me more than it was. With that said it's hard for me to walk in just socks-- so I need to keep my shoes with the arch supporters on all the time. I suspect as we all get a few more miles on our feet there may be a few people who just need their shoes -- it might not be particularly evident--- I walk a lot every day and get around better than many -- but I need my shoes. I will say if I know I'm going somewhere where it's known ahead of time that it's good to not have shoes I'll take along a pair of slippers that work for me, it's the unexpected times that one isn't prepared for that are a problem --at least for me.

So I have struggled with this question when I see others take their shoes off and I need mine-- yet they may think I'm perfectly healthy-- it's a bit of an embarrassment to seem insensitive to their sense of wanting to keep their home clean-- I like clean too. I still wear my shoes in my rig. So hope this could be one reason we might give others who come to our rigs room to remove or keep on their shoes.

Loren
Old 12-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren Rice View Post
With that said it's hard for me to walk in just socks-- so I need to keep my shoes with the arch supporters on all the time. I suspect as we all get a few more miles on our feet there may be a few people who just need their shoes -- it might not be particularly evident--- I walk a lot every day and get around better than many -- but I need my shoes.
Just another thing on this. Thom is missing one of his big toes (if you ever see us you can ask him how he lost it, eventually you will hear the right one, lol) as a consequence his arch on that foot falls --- a lot. Sometimes he is fine without shoes, sometimes not and sometimes he not only has to wear shoes but also his plastic arch/ankle supports. Sometimes he has to wear them to work.
That's another reason why we just don't bother with worrying about shoes on or off. Thom wears what's comfortable to him and might need medically.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #25
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Separate footware for indoor/outdoor use.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
I don't think "special medical conditions" were part of the OP's original question...... ANY special medical condition would not even be discussed or other option's be entertained, wipe them a little and come on in!
Old 12-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #27

One of the other measure I take to keep our floors clean is wiping our dogs feet before they enter the coach...especially during inclement weather or when we are a sandy area. I keep a cleaning mit and a box of baby wipes a the door and wipe their feet off before entry or at least prior to getting to the top of the steps. You can not imagine how much dirt those little paws can hold!!! As a matter of fact I just bought them some disposable boots for the rain and mud... they look like big rubber balloons. DH thinks that I have taken it to far but I beg to differ.
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #28

For the OP. I rarely wear shoes while inside (don't want to step on kittens). Drive bare foot. Have a pair of Crocs by door, for going out or for filling station. Take my shoes off when going to someone else's home. And if my needs required me to have shoes on, I would carry a pair of those little blue booties that (some) realtors and hospitals use.

Just my habits.

GL Arnold