Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
bjo

Shoes

when you take a trip Do you take your shoe's off while in coach?
I hate dirty gritty floors, like when you stop to get fuel for your RV
do you put a different kind of shoe on so you don't bring that in your coach
or do you keep a rag on steps to wipe shoes off. and what if you have
some other folks going with you how do you tell em in a nice way about shoes. I'm sure some of you have been here.
thanks for imput
BJ
bjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #2

I wear different shoes when I fuel the coach. I usually take off my shoes when I am in the coach but I do not require my guests to do so. I do have a rug on the ground outside the steps and one at the top of the steps in the coach. I use a roomba to vacuum the coach so I usually don't worry about shoes.
Meandering Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
No shoes inside our Coach or our home for that matter, when we travel I place a towel on the steps going up in and we keep our shoes on the towel. Sure saves the DW a lot of time cleaning and always looks great......... with little cleaning.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
When I redid the inside of my coach, I took welcome mats cut to size to replace the steps inside. When we come inside we can wipe our feet as we come in. We vacuum every couple of days and do the steps then also.

I would never ask anyone to remove their shoes to come in my home. My coach is my home.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #5

Hi there... we seldom wear our shoes in our coach. We currently have a mid entry coach and when we are traveling I roll out one of those clear rubber runners from the entrance door through to the cab area. This way the DH doesn't have to take off his shoes during set-up and tear-down. When we are parked we typically leave our shoes outside next to the step and we each have a pair of moccasin slippers inside the door. The good news is that the layout of our coach allows you to enter the kitchen and bathroom without stepping on carpet. As far as visitors are concerned most of them see us removing our shoes and ask before they enter if they should remove theirs. Most of the time I say no and just ask them to wipe their feet well on the doormat. The key to this solution is to wear slip on shoes ...which was a no brainier for me but took some getting used to for the DH. But I am happy to report he now loves his boat shoes!
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:47 PM   #6
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
No shoes inside our Coach or our home for that matter, when we travel I place a towel on the steps going up in and we keep our shoes on the towel. Sure saves the DW a lot of time cleaning and always looks great......... with little cleaning.
what he said. I have a pair for inside and change especially to fuel. if guest, very rare, don't like it they can stay outside, no exceptions.
most take them off without even asking.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:54 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
How to keep your rugs clean in your Rig.

After we bought our 1997 36' Dolphin M.H. I put down a strip of plastic that went from the drivers seat all the way back to our bedroom to protect the rug.
I then have another strip that I keep for when we are hooked up I then lay it down with snaps when we park and put out the room.
Each spring we take them up and vacuum and clean up any spots that maybe on the rug.
We do try to keep the steps clean so that the inside would stay clean.
That way we do not worry about Friends or workers that come in the M.H.
But if it's raining and muddy out side WELL, that would be a different story.
Just a thought.
Walter5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:17 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjo View Post
when you take a trip Do you take your shoe's off while in coach?
I hate dirty gritty floors, like when you stop to get fuel for your RV
do you put a different kind of shoe on so you don't bring that in your coach
or do you keep a rag on steps to wipe shoes off. and what if you have
some other folks going with you how do you tell em in a nice way about shoes. I'm sure some of you have been here.
thanks for imput
BJ
We don't wear shoes in our coach or our stick house. In the coach I keep a pair of Muckster shoes at the steps that I wear to fuel or walk the dogs. I also keep a pair of slippers at the pedals I use to drive with. I don't feel comfortable driving in my bare feet. I like the Muckster shoes because I can slip them on and off without using my hands. Just step into them.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:04 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My shoes come off as soon as I get in the coach. I leave them on a mat at the door.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:22 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
We always take our off upon entering the coach and also have a little towel to wipe off our little dog's paws.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:28 AM   #11
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabin man View Post
We always take our off upon entering the coach and also have a little towel to wipe off our little dog's paws.
Especially at Association Island . Those Geese do leave a mess. Ask us how we know . Right , Jim ?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:31 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
They sure do Cliff worst than any dog around.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:37 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Goose poop......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Especially at Association Island . Those Geese do leave a mess. Ask us how we know . Right , Jim ?
I got my shoe's filled right up with the goose poo as I was not watching where I was walking.......My head was up and in amazement with the sunset........ and problems w/little flies hatching off the lake? That is another story.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01169.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	51966  
Old 12-14-2013, 06:41 AM   #14
Community Administrator

There were some beautiful sunsets there. Back on topic , I kept an old toothbrush outside to handle the goose droppings in the grooves of my sneakers. EEK

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote