Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2009, 09:08 PM   #1

Should I Buy A HR 2008 Ambassador

Probably all you folks who already have a HR coach will say Yes, but . . . I am now shy of the brand.

We are planing to upgrade from a 2005 Itasca, and have zeroed in on a couple of new equally new older year unsold units, however, we also found a brand new 2008 HR Ambassador at a dealer who failed to point out any warranty troubles, or the lack thereof, because of the bankruptcy and the fact that this unit was obviously not built by the current HR folks.

We really like the Ambassador floorplan (it is a 40SKQ) and price although the power plant is smaller horsepower than the Itasca we have looked at.

What's the opinion and suggestion of you experienced people?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2009, 11:38 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I have been very happy with my 07 Diplomat. It is on the same chassis - RR8R. My coach has the ISL 400 in it and I do not think you will notice 10% less HP in the Ambassador. Since it is new, you will go through the usual process of fixing all of Monaco's quality issues, but they are generally cosmetic. The RR8R chassis is well designed and rides very smoothly.

Luke
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:03 AM   #3

Wink

We had a 2006 38 ft. Ambassador PDQ with the wrap around desk and found it to be very sound, handled great, beautiful fit and finish, and only very minor adjustments needed after the shake down. Other adjustments were operator errors! (Like trees that grab awnings.) Actually, were were so pleased with the HR that we upgraded to the 2009 40 ft. Scepter and just love it.
RARN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:36 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
We bought a new pre-LLC Camelot, knowing that there was no warranty. But our price was so good that anything short of a major system failure could be fixed and we'd still be better off. We bought it because we really liked the features and, as stated, the huge discount we got.

So if you really like it, and the price is good, and it is in your budget I wouldn't hesitate. Sooner or later all the new pre-LLC models will be gone and so will the big discounts.

== John
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:47 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I am on my second Monaco, the first being a 2000 gas LaPalma, and the second one we ordered a new 2007 Diplomat in 2007 with the computer desk and the options that we wanted. As any body knows there are usually some bug's in any new RV but I have been very lucky because the only problem I have had was the slide seal comming off, a recall for the windshield wiper assembly, which we had done and, I almost forgot problems with the Magnadyne radio. My 2 freinds bought a Diplomat and Dynasty at the same time that we bought ours. While the Dynasty has had some issues (nothing major) the Diplomat has had a few minor issues like a leak over the door, and a rear TV replaced but nothing major. All in all I love my Dip and the RR8R chassis is the most stable handling MH that I have ever driven.

P.S. Go to the DeMartini web sight that is were we purchased ours and these guys not only had the best price but they are the best people to deal with. They are Monacos # 1 dealer for HR and Monaco's. Tim DeMartini is who we delt with. Also, read the customer testimonials on the web and based on our treatment they are all true. ( No, I do not work for them they just deserve mentioning) (New and Repo's)
DeMartini RV Sales - Lowest prices Monaco Holiday Rambler diesel pusher new used

Good luck on your upgrade.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Rock.

I can only speak from my own experience.

We bought ours in Jan 07 and with the exception of a couple of small items I was able to fix myself, it has given us 3 years of use with no problems. We have the SKT with 3/slides, but the same TV location and front kitchen which we love.

So far it's been a very solid performer. I hope the 08 would be as well.

Sold: 2007 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40' diesel Motor Coach
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote