Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2015, 06:38 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
side bay door

On my last 6 months trip i had a little to much stuff in one of the bays on the drivers side.I forced it shut and something hit the top of the right side and now about 1/4 of the rod on that hinge has come out of the track and the door on right side is 1/2 in lower. On the passenger side the bay doors have a hinge ,but on drivers side there is a rod the full length of door that looks like the part on the M/H body was crimped at factory. I have tried pushing up at bottom it goes in the track then comes right back out. I really do not want to take it to shop and be charged $$$ if it is a easy fix i have never had this problem.It does not look like it is in danger of falling off at this time but one large pot hole could change that.
Anyone ever had this problem and how did you fix it. Thank You.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2015, 09:30 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
What model and year coach do you have, without knowing this people won't be able to help.

jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:31 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
side bay doors

Sorry about that. I have a 2004 Monaco Diplomat
Old 05-21-2015, 02:29 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Don't know if your doors are the same as mine, I have a 2002 Windsor.

Attached is a photo of the aluminum extrusions that are used on my bay door. The #2 is attached to the door & the #5 is attached to the side of the RV. The 2 pieces fit together by sliding the door into the piece mounted on the RV. On mine there is a small rivet at the end of the track mounted on the RV. To remove a door you have to remove the rivet. Remove the 2 door struts, this can be done easier by lifting the door up as much as possible and then pulling either end off the mount. Once the struts are off you should be able to slide the door off.

If the portion of the hinge attached to the RV has been deformed it may let the door portion come out. You might be able to remove the door and then take some C Clamps and crimp the moulding to reduce the width of the opening. Use small pieces of wood to prevent scratching of the paint.

If you doors hinges don't look like this contact Monaco and they may be able to help. The picture I attached was provided by Monaco, I had to repair 3 of my door hinges, I bought the door portion #2 from Monaco and the #5 portion from a salvage yard.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:36 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Heres the 2002 picture of the door trip for my Windsor
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Photo of Aluminum Extrusions for bay doors.pdf (2.04 MB, 47 views)

Tags
door