Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2018, 07:21 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
Mike,
I'm curious what you end up going with. With LED's available, (not available, or very expensive when my coach was built), often they are much brighter and use less power than an incandescent or halogen bulb.

I have the built in docking lights on the side towards the rear (someone posted a picture earlier) that were OEM, but I've since added LED's up front (side) and LED's on the back. It's really nice to have a lot of light when you need it.
Bill,
I ordered a set from PVRparts.com off the link Twomed provided. Only $8 each. I assume they are chromed plastic for that price - but I'll wait and see.

I can put an LED bulb in those fixtures if needed. If they look like junk once they arrive I'll find some other place for them (not on the coach) and get something else for docking lights. At that price its worth the gamble.

I just want to be able to see my rear tires and the curb/obstacles when making slow tight turns. Currently I can't see anything back there at night using just the mirrors. I'm also going to add a "Docking Light" switch on the dash.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2018, 08:26 AM   #16

Mike,

The lights you are interested in have been in use for a long time. Our CC has 4 of them. I've never been impressed with them because they are not waterproof. Anytime we've driven in the rain, or had the coach parked in the rain, you can bet the lenses will be full of water and the bulb base will get rusty and/or corroded.

I live 10 miles from Kaper II and know some of the people there. Very nice staff, not really a walk-in showroom though.

Try the Kaper II LED porch lamp, 18 diodes, part #L17-0004

Good luck!

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:13 AM   #17

Okay BRex. Thanks.

I went the website - but can't find a way to order. They don't appear to sell direct.

So then I went to the distributor links they provided (like Camping World and some Trailer companies) and others - and even that is proving to be difficult. So far I have not found a price or seller of that light.

I don't mind spending money, but don't make it too hard, or I move on to next seller.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:02 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Mike, I wish I would have kept the ones I pulled off of my Dynasty and I would have given them to you. They were exactly like the ones in your first post. When I originally purchased the coach in 2007 they were color matched to the coach but in about 2009 I replaced them with some chrome one exactly like the ones in your first picture. They were merely a chromed plastic porch light without the switch on it.

I looked long and hard for some nice LED ones last summer when I had my coach repainted and couldn't find any that really thrilled me. I ended up purchasing two pair off of ebay from a marine shop. They were 12VDC LED and polished stainless steel vs. that chromed plastic crap. They look very similar to the oval ones in your second picture.

There is actually a pretty decent picture of mine in post # 622, page 45 of my Project/Mod thread linked in my signature.

Mike
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:34 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Odd how that is, one wants to upgrade to them and another doesn't use them
I never, EVER used them, they've only been on when I accidentely hit the switch and wondered - "What's that light out there ?"

I guess they embedded them in the side to make it more aerodynamic !!! teehee
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00542.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	188965   Click image for larger version

Name:	Docking lights.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	188966  

Old 01-16-2018, 09:50 AM   #20

I don't plan to do much night driving - so I won't be using these docking light much ( I dont think).

But last week we was coming home late and I could not see the back end of coach and scratched it coming through the driveway gate. If I had some lighting (any lighting) I could have avoided that.

Yes, I had a spotter - but when spotter makes a mistake it's still my fault. I think these light will help.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:31 AM   #21

I have these on my Exec, basically almost worthless, very very little light and a narrow beam at that.
What Mike found works better. Not really much brighter but they cast the light in a more usable way.
Windecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Odd how that is, one wants to upgrade to them and another doesn't use them
I never, EVER used them, they've only been on when I accidentely hit the switch and wondered - "What's that light out there ?"

I guess they embedded them in the side to make it more aerodynamic !!! teehee

Windecker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
guide, light, lights