Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2008, 03:51 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I have the Magnadyne M9900CDS radio in my 06 Neptune and would to activate the Sirius radio. The manual tells me to press the mode button until Sirius appears. Problem is it doesn't appear. Do I need additional equipment for this option.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2008, 03:51 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I have the Magnadyne M9900CDS radio in my 06 Neptune and would to activate the Sirius radio. The manual tells me to press the mode button until Sirius appears. Problem is it doesn't appear. Do I need additional equipment for this option.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:28 PM   #3

You need thislink

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I wasn't happy with the expense of the Sirius module for the Mangadyne, so I went with a "portable" Sirius radio. There are RCA inputs at the rear of the Magnadyne, and I plugged the portable Sirius receiver into that.

I got the Stiletto 100 portable radio, which not only has a ton of great features, but I can also use it in my other vehicle, or on its own with headphones.

My experience with the in-dash units that are added on (like the Magnadyne), you get very few features, and the digital readout of the station information, artist, title, etc., is very limited. Part of what I like about satellite radio is the information given - way superior to normal RDS. The readout on the Magnadyne is not set up to handle that much data, so there will be a lot of scrolling or truncated data.

Just another option to look at. Subscription price is the same, and you could use it in more places than just the MH.

--kevin

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:44 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
The Magnadyne is "Sirius ready". You need to purchase the Sirius module and have it installed. When you do, it becomes the best working part of the Magnadyne system. I have had several issues with the Magnadyne but not with the Sirius portion of it.

Good luck.

2007 Camelot 40 PDQ
Freemn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:37 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We should start a "Why I hate my Magnadyne" Thread.I just returned from a 2+ week trip to Florida and did NOT turn on that worthless piece of %#$* junk once (well, I might have accidentially bumped the power button. )

My complaints are:

1) The remote had to be designed by drunk Rocket Scientist who didn't realize that my wife might want to use it one day. Heck, even I can't remember the synatax or functions from one camping trip to the next. I almost have to get the manual out every time I use it. I never have figured out how to get the Cable TV to output through the surround sound speakers. (If somebody would tell me, I would be grateful.)

2) The DVD player sucks. Skips, poor sound quality, poor picture quality, etc. etc.

If there was a decent replacement for this unit I would change it out in a <STRIKE>pico</STRIKE> nano second.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:36 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Howard Leap:
We should start a "Why I hate my Magnadyne" Thread.I just returned from a 2+ week trip to Florida and did NOT turn on that worthless piece of %#$* junk once (well, I might have accidentially bumped the power button. )

My complaints are:

1) The remote had to be designed by drunk Rocket Scientist who didn't realize that my wife might want to use it one day. Heck, even I can't remember the synatax or functions from one camping trip to the next. I almost have to get the manual out every time I use it. I never have figured out how to get the Cable TV to output through the surround sound speakers. (If somebody would tell me, I would be grateful.)

2) The DVD player sucks. Skips, poor sound quality, poor picture quality, etc. etc.

If there was a decent replacement for this unit I would change it out in a <STRIKE>pico</STRIKE> nano second. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Howard,

There seems to be some confusion here. The Magnadyne is the dash radio/cd player which has its own speakers. You seem to be talking about the RCA home theater system.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:37 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Howard

The Magnadyne M9900 IS the dash radio, Sirius, CD, DVD, and home theater. Our units don't have the RCA system seperate. (Wish we did though).

2007 Camelot 40 PDQ
Freemn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:20 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Howard Leap:
I never have figured out how to get the Cable TV to output through the surround sound speakers. (If somebody would tell me, I would be grateful.)

If there was a decent replacement for this unit I would change it out in a <STRIKE>pico</STRIKE> nano second. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Howard,

I'm going strickly by memory here, but if I recall correctly, there are two aux inputs on the Magnadyne receiver, and one set of output jacks. The output goes to the home theater amp. The output from the TV feeds into Aux Input #1 on the Magnadyne. So you would use the mode button on the Magnadyne to select "Aux 1" to route the TV audio to the home theater system.

Input #2 on the Magnadyne is used for a satellite receiver. If you don't have one of those, you can use it for anything you like. I have my Garmin output plugged into that for voice directions, MP3 music, and audio books.

I, too, would love to see some recomendations for alternatives to the Magnadyne system.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:24 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the input everyone. I Followed the link to the module,but couldn't come up with a price. Not sure I would want it if the radio would not display song and artist info properly.
Thinking it might be better to go with an aftermarket system from Crutchfield or some other source, if I can find one to match the dash opening. Portable might work also. For those of you using Sirius, Where did you mount the antenna?
Thanks, Walt
Old 01-03-2008, 06:16 PM   #11

I bought a marine Sirius antenna and mounted it on the roof. The marine antenna will seal tight against water intrusion. The Sirius works great.
dfb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:50 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I didn't go external with mine, but rather used industrial velcro and stuck it to the front cap, inside, just above the TV mount. Works great.

--kev

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote