Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2014, 08:52 AM   #1

Slide leak ( help )

A leak seams to have developed at the forward end of the living room kitchen slide.
I'm on the road so can't do much till I get to home base in November, but I'd like some experienced ideas on where to look the most closely. I hate to think of the poor old girl rotting away under me. We have far to much traveling to.

John
johnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #2

It is probably the sink drain hose. It is made of flexible tubing and moves with the slide. Open the sliding panel when the slide is out. You will see where the flex hose is attached to a plastic manifold. Run some sink water. See if it leaks there.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:15 PM   #3

I looked at that first but no all the plumbing in good shape. Thanks for your idea

John
Old 09-03-2014, 09:34 PM   #4

Hi,
Take a very close look at your slide seals. Try and establish whether the leak is coming in on either the top or the bottom. If the top try to reseal the rubber seals in their original locations. I use an rubber based cement that seems to work OK.

If it is leaking at the bottom it is a little easier to fix. Often it is the silicone the factory used is starting to break down allowing water to enter. Water runs down the seal and collects in the low spot and then enters the coach. You need to clean the area with denatured alcohol then gradually build up a new dam to stop the water. You need to do this in several steps so you don't create to big a dam that the slide when in damages the repair. This means that you need to add some silcone let it dry then bring the slide in to check clearances. Then add as needed. One way to check is to slowly pour water in the bottom corner where it is leaking and see if the water stays in the low spot. After you add more silicone see if the water runs off.

I have done this on all corners of our 4 slides

Don
D Barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:36 AM   #5

Thanks Don I will look at that it only seem to leak when the slide is out and we have a strong rain.
john
Old 09-04-2014, 04:42 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We have a problem with some Monaco coaches with the side pulling loose from the roof on the driver front side probably caused by the slide out awning pulling on the side of the coach and the rivets rusting and breaking. Rex has fixed quite a few coaches for our members before he passed, he also did a good write up on this and I think it is in the Monacoers forum file section, I my have a copy I will look later.
What year is your coach?
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:03 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
We had a similar problem with our previous coach and it only happened sometimes, water would appear on the floor and soak the carpet and this happened during heavy rain with the slide out . Decided to take a look during one rain and saw the one of the side gaskets did not completely turn out when the slide extended and was acting as a funnel and directing water into the corner of the slide. This didn't always happen only when raining with wind and I didn't spend a lot of time leveling. I check the seals now.
Yellowpointe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:13 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 2 slide driver side and always level to the a little to the slide side and have never had a leak on the slides.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:33 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
John,
Be sure to check out the top of your slideout, near the outside on each end. On mine, I found that the tar tape was worn through where it covered a bump in the T mold on the outside of the slide out. The slideout wiper seal was rubbing on the high spot and had worn a hole through the tar tape. Right next to that is a dip which collects the water like a funnel. It was letting water get into the slideout where it migrated down to the floor and onto the floor of my coach. I used proflex as a temp seal until I can pull the tar tape off, smooth the bump and put on new eternabond. Checking all my slideouts, I found similar wear points on them as well. Hope this helps.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:58 AM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
I think I have a leak in my Georgia Boy passenger side rear slide out front side when we had a lot of rain last weekend and ruined my floor now I have a soft spot. The water collected in the sub floor and it is sagging down so I drilled a hole in it to get rid of the water. I am still not sure where the water is coming from. Anyone else have that problem? I have pulled every drawer out and opened every cabinet door and came up empty handed. Its driving me banana's!
flangley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #11

Thanks everyone it looks like I have a great starting point.
Thanks again
John

Tags
leak, slide