Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #1

Slide Out Circuit Breaker?????

I have a 2006 Windsor 40 PDQ. My rear road side slide stops every 4-5 inches when I put it out or in. When it stops I wait a few seconds and push the button and it continues for another 4-5 inches. The slide eventually makes it all the way out and all the way in, but it is a pain. Acts like a bad circuit breaker over-heating.

Does anyone know where the circuit breaker for this slide motor is located?
jrnacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
My 08 Camelot PDQ has a rear slide controller for both of the electric bedroom slides. On it are a fuse and a circuit breaker. So, you may be on to something. Test the amp draw on the slide to see if it is drawing too much current, and the CB is doing it's job protecting the circuit. Also call Monaco for the location of your controller. You might have a weak 20 amp CB on the controller and replacing it would be an easy fix.

My controller is hidden below the false floor of the left rear closet.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:58 AM   #3

Thank you very much. This is helpful. My motor is under the bed compartment so I will look there first.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #4

I have the same issue with my rear slide when moving out it stops frequently and will restart in a few seconds. I have not looked for the problem yet, but suspect that the drive motor has a thermal overload that is tripping and resetting. As most circuit breakers are not set up to automatically reset after tripping but most thermal overloads will auto reset. As stated in an earlier response the amp draw should be checked against the full load amperage of the motor as listed on the motor name tag. there could be some binding in the slide out mechanism.
doublechevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Monaco uses an automotive type circuit breaker on the slideout controller that automatically resets.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #6

Slide Out controller

I located my controller, it is in the electrical compartment on the outside rear of the RV; one controller for all four slides.

I found that my rear road slide motor is drawing significantly more than 20 amps. The rail and the slide room appear to be straight and not binding. This motor has been doing this for years (popping the auto reset breaker 5 or 6 times during each extend or retract), this leads me to believe something else may be the problem.

The slide has under bed storage and is well loaded but I'm not sure weight is the problem. Any suggestions? I haven't tried a 25 or 30 amp fuse yet, not sure if I should.

Tags
slide