Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2017, 08:35 AM   #1

Slide stops or micro switches??

Hello all,

Two of my three slides open and close as advertised... Push the button slide extends until it stops and the same when they retract.

The bedroom slide on the other hand does not seem to have a motor stop in either direction. Once it reaches end of travel in either direction the motor keeps clunk..clunk..clunking until the button is released. are there no locking latches?

Any thoughts??

Again any thanks for your input!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2017, 11:59 AM   #2

On my Beaver it use to clunk as your but I adjusted the drive chain and now the system works as it should.. Mine has 2 micro switches as it should, both in and out. Have you looked to see if your system needs to be adjusted?
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:56 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
My 2006 Diplomat does the same thing. When it starts clicking I release the button. Doesn’t seem to bother anything.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:08 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
The clicking you hear Iis the clutch that is built into the motor/gearbox. Hearing the clicking at end of travel is normal. The slide I'm talking about is the bed slide.

I got a hold of one that was replaced for a bad gear (2014) and just had to know how this clutch worked as I though like many of you. The clutch will last forever. The nylon drive gear is a different story. It is the weak link in the assembly.

Six months ago my nylon gear failed. I'm in AZ and the heat takes its toll. The motor lasted over 9 years, so I'm not complaining.

There's a way to manually retract the slide if the gear goes and might be worth the effort to see how to do it and make sure you have the right socket and ratchet wrench on board.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:05 PM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnRide View Post
My 2006 Diplomat does the same thing. When it starts clicking I release the button. Doesn’t seem to bother anything.
Same here!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:51 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
noise with bed room slide out

try, this, raise You bed after You slide it out and take the ply wood cover out from under the bed, and see if the motor, is loose, on the housing. That happens and I didn't know what to do, and it cost Me a whole new motor gear box assembly and they are cheap.
Phil Palmer
Old 09-24-2017, 11:04 AM   #7

hmmmm... why just the bedroom??

Thanks for all the replies!

Was wondering, has this anyone experienced this with the other two slides as well?? Our bedroom slide is the only one that makes the clunking sound after fully extended or retracted.

What would you look for in a properly adjusted slide?... Ours opens fully and evenly on both sides and retracts in the same fashion. Not sure what else I should be looking for.

Thanks again!
Old 09-25-2017, 11:42 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
The bed slide is the only slide that has the clutch and makes the clicking sound. More than likely the opposite side slid is cable, driven with an electric motor.
The front slides are either electric or hydraulic.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, switch