Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2016, 10:29 PM   #29

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I helped a friend install his Stone Vos toppers. I used the Tough Top on mine. I thought the Tough Top ones were a better quality material. Don't know about price though.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2016, 05:55 AM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captjake1 View Post
My Stonevos are in a box waiting for a nice day to install.
Mine too... after taxes... yuck I picked mine up at their shop... great folks.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:07 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
If you get a chance to see his seminar he can show you how to change them easily and safely.
Thanks for the info; however I have had them off before. The fabric was good but the thread was falling apart. I removed them and took them to a canvas shop who makes boat stuff and he re-sewed them with "sail" thread and they held up well. Now the cloth has a few small rips and a lot of stretch. Out with the old and in with the new.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:51 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Replaced one of my slide toppers with Tough Top. Tyler Hammack was great to work with. He sent me samples in the mail, and when I did order, I received the topper within 3 days. Prices were better than anyone else. I am going to replace my larger living room topper with Tough Topers too.
Dan & April Mastroluca-2001 Monaco Diplomat 36PBD Cummins ISC330HP 8.3L Diesel 6-Speed Allison Transmission-Toad= 2017 Ford Fusion Energi w/ Roadmaster Falcon II tow bar & Roadmaster Invisibrake FMCA# F452291 https://www.facebook.com/dmastroluca
dmastroluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:55 PM   #33
YC1

Stone Vos will make sure you get the maximum width possible and their stitching is the best in the industry.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:54 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
I called both and left messages just this week as we are going to replace both slide tops. Tyler with Tough Top was the only one to return my call. He was very easy to talk to and deal with.
BigLar368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:10 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
I am also replacing all 4 slide toppers with Stonevos vinyl. I called and left a message. Mindy call me back within an hour. Also, Chris, the technical expert, has been very responsive to my emails.

They use the best and most UV resistant thread in the industry. Stonevos may be a little more expensive than some but I certainly don't mind spending a little more to get something better.

One other feature is they sew the toppers so you can reverse them if the edge that attaches to the coach starts to wear. This can allow a much longer life.

Tags
slide