Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2018, 09:17 AM   #15

Check the In/Out switch inside the coach. My "Out" side of the switch made the slide hesitated a few times and then ended up completely not working. Took the switch out and found a number on the side. Went to the internet and found an exact duplicate that fit the exiting opening perfectly.
Rustygold is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2018, 08:22 PM   #16

ladyvol ,

Sorry I took so long to get back with this copy but I wanted to get an ok
from the person that wrote it .
This has some great info , hope it helps .

Ray

Lippert Hydraulic Pump ISSUES - READ CAREFULLY

Expand Messages

• TGC Commerce
    Message 1 of 4 , May 30 7:11 PM

Sometimes I feel like Clark Griswold…..and MORE on that later if I have another adult beverage.

OK….I seem to be the ONLY person that has this issue….and IT might be something that folks need to add to their MUST DO PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE LIST.

Background and Problem.

In 2013, I blew the 200 Amp Buss ANL fuse that powers my Lippert Slide Pump (but this also is something that would impact Jack or Leveling Pumps). NO REASON….just out of the clear blue. I could only find a NAPA 200 Amp fuse and it was a bit “Shorter”, but I modified it and used washers and such and made it work. We were departing for a 7K WELL TIMED AND CRITICAL STOP tour.

I DID order replacement fuses….not only for the 200 Amp but ALSO for ALL the fuses in the RBR (Rear Bay RUN Electrical Box). That includes the BIG sucker….that powers the inverter. It is ROUND.

OK….in 2018, the NAPA fuse failed. I put in a replacement and me and my GS pushed and pulled the Front Curb Slide (it has the dinette and the Refrigerator and a sleeper sofa) EVERY CYCLE. Worked great. Then at the end of the trip, I stopped by a member’s “Pad” and we tested the slide and measured the current. IT was OK.

In the fall of 2018, I had a NEW Samsung installed. Had the dealer “test and evaluate” the slide. They did functional testing and also current draw. PERFECT. CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH.

SO, we went to the Gathering in February. NO ISSUES.

Started on our “Griswold Outing” (8K miles in 11 weeks…with stops timed to the hour by my Chief Tour Director and Conjugal Bed partner). FIRST NIGHT>>>>BINGO….PROBLEM

The larger heavier slide went out OK. POINT of interest to the Electric Geeks. The 200 Amp Fuse cables to the Front Run Bay (FRB) and there is a 150 Amp Auto Reset Circuit Breaker. THAT sucker has NEVER TRIPPED….until Tuesday.

The Second Slide went out SLOWLY and then STOPPED (it was raining….how convenient). I fumed and looked at the ANL fuse. It was NOT the “Marine” style ANL. Monaco used Bussmann Marine style fuses. OK…it looks flaky. Pull it out. OPPS….it did NOT blow. BUT the link was really burned. SO, the 150 Amp CB FINALLY got with the program. After it cooled down….I was able to extend the slide….so we are sealed and buttoned up.

I talked to two of our experts on the phone. I also downloaded the manual. NOTE….I have the OLDER style Lippert Pump. BUT, I had put a support bracket UNDER the Reservoir and my Pump was NOT damaged by the unsupported vibrating reservoir. Various ideas. BUT, low and behold….in simple ENGLISH in the Manual. Slide moves slow or stops…..Low Battery; Poor Connection; Poor Ground Connection. SO, I did the obvious….as I was tired, wet and frustrated….

There is a cable from the Resettable CB to the Pump. On the Pump, there is a Solenoid that applies the high current. The cable to the motor is woefully small (maybe a number 4), but THAT is an OEM (from the Lippert Factory) setup….or at least I THINK it is. I looked (and I had done this at least 2 times before) at the 4 terminals. I pushed on the wire from the solenoid to the motor. OPPS…it moved…and freely.

I THEN tightened the GROUND, Positive (on the motor and the solenoid) and the Positive (incoming from the resettable CB). The loose cable took almost a full turn and the others were in the ¼ - ½ turn “loose”.

NOW….all cables are tight. NEXT MORNING>>>>>hoping and praying….I retract both slides. They work. We can continue our journey..

My DW, who USUALLY operates the controls, looked at me….and started to babble. I was babbling also. We almost said the SAME THING….These slides are SMOOTHER, QUIETER, QUICKER and work like they did when NEW. OVER the years, they had become ratchet and balky and noisy and SLOW.

NOW….is THIS the problem. I HOPE SO….but the Griswold jinx could kick in….all I know is that I cycled the main (heavy Curb with Refer) slide today when we stopped for lunch and tonight when we setup, the slides performed flawlessly…..it was like we had a NEW slide system.

BOTTOM LINE….if you have a Lippert (or maybe an HWH), I would TIGHTEN all the cable connections. I can NOT blame this on Monaco. These are the FACTORY connections. NOT Monaco. In fact, the GROUND (to the chassis) and the Resettable CB connections (which Monaco made) were TIGHT. The “Green QC” marks are still there.

SO, it appears that over the years, the Lippert “connections” loosened up and I have a High Resistance connection….that spike the current…and the fuse let go before the CB. NO idea as to WHY the Resettable Bussmann CB got into the act on Tuesday….but it did.

Just passing this along. It would, IMHO, be worth the 10 minutes (finding the right sized wrenches and socket) to check and “RE-TORQUE” the cable connections. Otherwise, you might be in need of a supply of 200 amp fuses

Tom Cherry (Tom C.)
2009 Camelot 40 DPQ
2014 Yukon

RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide