Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2018, 11:10 AM   #1

slideout control

There are 4 slideouts on our 2005 Holiday Rambler Neptune PDQ. Three of the slideouts are controlled by a three slide control board located in the back bay on the passenger side [I think]. However I think the bedroom slide on the driver's side has it's own system independent of the three slideout control. I am not sure I understand any of this correctly! Has anybody had experience with these systems and are able to help be understand how they work?

The reason I ask is once in awhile that slide is a little stubborn to operate.

Thanks Don 2005 HR Neptune PDQ 2006 Jeep Liberty toad
filadelfia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2018, 12:34 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by filadelfia View Post
There are 4 slideouts on our 2005 Holiday Rambler Neptune PDQ. Three of the slideouts are controlled by a three slide control board located in the back bay on the passenger side [I think]. However I think the bedroom slide on the driver's side has it's own system independent of the three slideout control. I am not sure I understand any of this correctly! Has anybody had experience with these systems and are able to help be understand how they work?

The reason I ask is once in awhile that slide is a little stubborn to operate.

Thanks Don 2005 HR Neptune PDQ 2006 Jeep Liberty toad
Is it an electric slide? I ask because my beaver has one in the bedroom that I am somewhat familiar with. If thats the one let me know and what question you have.
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:51 PM   #3

slideout control

Yes it is electric it has a power gear model 130-1148 motor I believe it has an encoder on the motor. I have no idea how it works. The other 3 slides are also power gear electric but they are operated by relays on kib 3 slide control board. My question, is this an independent system with the control relay built in to the power gear motor? [or what] I'm, sorry this is so confusing but I don't, understand the system well enough to ask intelligent questions.
Thanks Don
filadelfia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:20 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by filadelfia View Post
Yes it is electric it has a power gear model 130-1148 motor I believe it has an encoder on the motor. I have no idea how it works. The other 3 slides are also power gear electric but they are operated by relays on kib 3 slide control board. My question, is this an independent system with the control relay built in to the power gear motor? [or what] I'm, sorry this is so confusing but I don't, understand the system well enough to ask intelligent questions.
Thanks Don
Sounds different from mine. Mine has a simple in out switch that applies 12vdc to a motor and brake. The brake holds it open or closed. Periodically I have to take the brake off and clean it so it. Pretty easy. I guess your is different. Sorry. Good luck.
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slideout