RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2008, 09:12 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the vertical plane on my bedroom slide? I was all over it this weekend while making my under bed storage comartment and cannot for the life of me see any way to get it to move up without adding a plate under the the bottom of the slide itself. My livingroom one has adjustable rollers but not the bedroom. Any help?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2008, 09:12 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the vertical plane on my bedroom slide? I was all over it this weekend while making my under bed storage comartment and cannot for the life of me see any way to get it to move up without adding a plate under the the bottom of the slide itself. My livingroom one has adjustable rollers but not the bedroom. Any help?

Old 07-27-2008, 10:25 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
My small bedroom slide has two phillips head adjustments under the carpet overhang. I adjusted mine up to sit more evenly. I've never looked for any on the other bedroom slide that has the bed. There are also some stops and adjustments on the exterior. One of them I have to access through the wheel well. There was a plate covering it.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:49 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Our 2000 Dynasty bedroom slide adjust by using shims as you said.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:15 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Wow, we've had a few shims added to our rear bedroom slideout. One side of the roadside rear slideout(left) was higher than the roadside rear slideout (right). It actually worked fine for a few months, but fell back's downward off center, maybe too much jarring around. I'm having it looked at again, but it seem to be more cosmetic than effecting anything. Seals up just fine, in and out/no leaks/no cold winds during winter. Stay tuned. DocUSAF
DocUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:55 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the replies, I will look for any adjustment this Friday and probably call HR Technical to see if they can shed some light on my dilema. The slide works fine, but in moderate rain it tends to leak, and I've narrowed it down to the top "sweeper" not having a good enough contact wih the slide. Ala, the slide needs to move up about 1/4 of an inch.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:44 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
One side of the bottom on our '06 Endeavor would not seal, it lacked about 1/8". There are adustable rollers (one on each side of the slide) accessable from the outside behind the seal that will move the slide up or down. If you push the wiper seal down you will be able to see and adjust them. They are a little tough to turn because of the weight of the slide. Much easier if you use some sort of a jack to counter the weight. The roller shafts tend to dry out and a little teflon lube really frees them up. You can easily see the roller track marks on the bottom of the slide and follow those lines to behind the seal to the rollers.
On another forum I read about installing aluminum sheeting (about 1/16" thick, 4 or 5" wide and 2.5' long) to the bottom of the slide to prevent the rollers from tearing up the slide fiberglass bottom. Sounds like a good idea. Apparently, Monaco does this quite a bit when a Customer complains about wear problems. I've bought the aluminum but too da.. hot to do it now.

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 03:05 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Talked to Monaco on Friday and there is adjustment rollers on the slide, but they are a pain to get to.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:15 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well Monaco was incorrect, our slide has no rollers for adjustment. Since its a "shim" adjustment slide and there is no problems with its operation I will opt to add a 3/16 x 8" plastic shim at the top of the slide to tighten up the upper sweepers contact with the slide!