Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #1

Slides dont operate

Hi, I am new to this forum. I just took my 2004 Monaco Windsor out of a couple year storage and the living quarter slides don't operate. I cycled both the parking brake and ignition switch several times with no luck. The wire diagrams I bought when I purchased the motorhome don't have a diagram for the slide system. Any technical advise or information would be appreciated. Thanks
friesian is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Check your batteries. Did you try to run them with the engine running?
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #3

Hydraulic or electric?
Old 09-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #4

Thanks for replies.
Engine and ignition is off.
I am not sure if they are eltric or hydraulic.
I was reading some past posts and I read one from distaff who owns a Patriot Thunder. He had to replace his HWH box controlling the slide valves because his slides stopped working.
distaff are you out there and any information on where to locate the HWC box. I am thinking it is in one of the cargo bays.
Thanks
Old 09-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Try the slides with the engine running.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
JFC

Monaco Owners Club
When my 2007 Scepter was fairly new, none of the slides would operate. I contacted Monaco service technician. He said to turn off both battery disconnect switches to disconnect both house and chassis batteries. Turned them back on and slides worked. Apparantly something reset, however six months later when I had the coach at the factory, the slides would not come in at their campground. They sent a tech out who replaced the slide controller, and haven't had that slide problem since.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #7

Thanks JFC. I will try that. A good master reboot sometimes help. I am also going to check my HWH system out. The master caution light was on. Do you know where the slide controller is located. ine should be in the same spot. distaff contacted me and said his was located under the generator cowl on his Patriot Thunder.
Thanks again
Old 09-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #8
JFC

Monaco Owners Club
I'm not sure of the slide location, I was in the coach when the tech was working on it. My last rear bay on the passenger side of my coach is an electrical bay with battery shutoffs, major breaker, solar panel controller and other electrical equipment. It seems to me that was where he was working. Never came in the coach until he was ready to test the slides. I have Power Gear levelers and my motor, tank and solenoids are in the front generator slide compartment.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:36 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by friesian View Post
Hi, I am new to this forum. I just took my 2004 Monaco Windsor out of a couple year storage and the living quarter slides don't operate. I cycled both the parking brake and ignition switch several times with no luck. The wire diagrams I bought when I purchased the motorhome don't have a diagram for the slide system. Any technical advise or information would be appreciated. Thanks
Some of the Monaco coaches have switches on the bay doors that will prevent slides from operating if the bay door is not shut. You may have this setup and one of the switches is not working properly. Open each door one and a time and use a jumper to short the switch to locate the problem switch.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:22 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post

Some of the Monaco coaches have switches on the bay doors that will prevent slides from operating if the bay door is not shut. You may have this setup and one of the switches is not working properly. Open each door one and a time and use a jumper to short the switch to locate the problem switch.

Bob
You can jumper these switches. It happened to me where the slide would not operate because one of these door plungers were bad.
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:26 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff753 View Post
You can jumper these switches. It happened to me where the slide would not operate because one of these door plungers were bad.
Use a fuse and just plug the two wires from the switch and try. Monacos usualy will not run slides with the switch on so you can not put them out while driving, OOPS bad idea anyway.

I found that some of my safet bay door switches got bent pullling stuff in or out of bays and had to bend the little bracket back out at the bottom to make a good contact.

You will hear the mech noise if it is working do you have gears or hyd under the front step. Hyd has three fuses you can see in rubber caps right behind the step.

Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #12
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post

Bob
That would be my guess too. Many times my slides will not operate and I find that I have to open and close the bay doors to make them work. I'm sure the switches on the doors need to be adjusted but I just haven't taken the time to do it! Hope this works!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #13

FIXED... Woo Hoo... I opened and closed all the bay doors first thing but I never looked at the switches. My wife after reading the posts remembered pulling some of the chairs out and said she might have bumped something. I opened the bay door where we had our chairs stowed and the switch bracket was bent. Works like a champ and a cheap fix thanks to all of you. Thanks everyone for your replies and recommendations. Hopefully I can be assistance to someone else. Many thanks.

Steve & Deb
2004 Monaco Windsor 40
Old 09-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #14
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by friesian View Post
FIXED... Woo Hoo... I opened and closed all the bay doors first thing but I never looked at the switches. My wife after reading the posts remembered pulling some of the chairs out and said she might have bumped something. I opened the bay door where we had our chairs stowed and the switch bracket was bent. Works like a champ and a cheap fix thanks to all of you. Thanks everyone for your replies and recommendations. Hopefully I can be assistance to someone else. Many thanks.

Steve & Deb
2004 Monaco Windsor 40
Good work Steve!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide