RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2019, 05:50 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Slow air fill on on 1999 Monaco Windsor 34

When starting our engine to build up the air on the rig, once it gets to 60# it stops building. Have to rev the engine up to 1500 rpms then it builds very slowly. We have changed the Air Dryer and check valves in three different areas. Changed the tube to the gauge where it was badly leaking. What else could be the problem???

HartsRving is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2019, 06:09 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
There may be a problem with governor, which is what controls the pressure that the air compressor puts out. This is just another part of the system that could fail or malfunction. Odd that your system builds to 60psi fast and then slow after that.

MY governor is mounted on the frame above the compressor.

jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 06:55 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
When I had a 1999 Diplomat I had an air leak to the air horn, a fitiing in the front, drivers side cargo bay. at a different time the air activated step cover electric/air valve leaked also, needed new Mac valve. That was above the Onan Generator. Those leaks would drain the air tanks when the engine was not running, if you don't drop air pressure with the engine off these things aren't your trouble.
Good luck!
CJScepter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:58 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
There may be a problem with governor, which is what controls the pressure that the air compressor puts out. This is just another part of the system that could fail or malfunction. Odd that your system builds to 60psi fast and then slow after that.

MY governor is mounted on the frame above the compressor.
Thank you we'll check it out. Sorry should have said it's slow filling to 60 then stops filling until rpms are brought up to 1500 then slowly fills to 130.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:59 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJScepter View Post
When I had a 1999 Diplomat I had an air leak to the air horn, a fitiing in the front, drivers side cargo bay. at a different time the air activated step cover electric/air valve leaked also, needed new Mac valve. That was above the Onan Generator. Those leaks would drain the air tanks when the engine was not running, if you don't drop air pressure with the engine off these things aren't your trouble.
Good luck!
Thank you we can check this out easy as it was replaced several years ago. We lose all air within 3-4 days.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:14 AM   #6

Hello

I had the same problem with my Windsor last year. The fix for mine ended up being taking the air filter off of the air compressor and lubricating the seal and tightening the air filter back down and it now builds pressure immediately upon startup.

Before lubing/tightening the filter I would try building pressure by increasing the RPMS at idle as well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Mike

Gnutzer007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1999, air, monaco, wind