Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2019, 11:46 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Smells Like Rubber

Gentlemen,

03 Sig

Went to move the rig the other day in the campground. Total time running might have been 20 minutes. After getting set up in new spot noticed what smelled like maybe a burning rubber smell in the front passenger wheel well. Stuck my head in didn't see anything and everything was cool to the touch...and the tire looked and felt fine.

This did jog my memory that when we were traveling south through BC to Oregon in October there were a couple times when I had the drivers window open I thought I smelled rubber and when I would do a walk around and didn't see anything. I chalked it up to passing trucks or cars. Maybe smelled this 2-3 in about 3000 miles

Thanks for any suggestions

Brian
03 Sig
Chinook, WA
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2019, 12:08 PM   #2

In the passenger front wheel well in our coach, there was a rubber hose which looped just above the tire. I could see some wear on that hose that likely came from the tire which rubbed in certain conditions.
I made a strap and pulled the hose up so it no longer could be rubbed by the tire. This hose is difficult to see when the wheel is on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2030.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	495.7 KB
ID:	231859  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:58 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Looks like that hose should be routed up and attached to the floor like the other two instead of down.
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:41 PM   #4

Common sense does not always apply to MONACO......
Old 01-14-2019, 10:24 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you for the reply.....I'll check that tomorrow......thanks!

Tags
smell