Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2007, 03:46 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Hated to have to do it, but the DIP is winterized....we are dipping into the 30's tonight in Northern Arizona...sooooo, rather be safe than sorry. Probably no RV'ing now until after the 1st of the year We are bummed!!!
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2007, 03:46 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Hated to have to do it, but the DIP is winterized....we are dipping into the 30's tonight in Northern Arizona...sooooo, rather be safe than sorry. Probably no RV'ing now until after the 1st of the year We are bummed!!!
Old 10-06-2007, 06:58 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
We are not going to winterize ours yet. Plan on making a trip to 7 Feathers in November if we can get reservations.

If not, we will go down to see our daughter in Coos Bay, Or-E-Gun!

Sold: 2007 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40' diesel Motor Coach
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:10 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Teofff...I am so sad for you & Gloria ...Gordon ...maybe you can swing by on your way to 7 Feathers if that is where you end up...I would love to meet you in person! (PM me on when you will go down that way...I will try to make sure I have the day off!)

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:54 AM   #5
Retired Senior Member

I have all my stuff ready winterize ours too. Got firewood, down camp comforters, couple of strings of awning lights, 12-pack of Rolling Rock.........
......OH! You meant like in shutdown for the winter?

The temps are expected to drop down into the upper 60's for the next couple of nights here.
RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:42 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Gordon....our son and daughter in law in Portland are expecting their first child in late December, and we talked about taking the MH up to Portland, but with the chance that the weather can be dicey that time of year, think we will just fly up...having lived in Portland for over 30 years, I wouldn't mind the rain, but snow and or ice is no fun!!!!
Old 10-07-2007, 06:38 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by teofff:
Hated to have to do it, but the DIP is winterized....we are dipping into the 30's tonight in Northern Arizona...sooooo, rather be safe than sorry. : </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah the joy of living in SOUTHERN Arizona Horrible summer heat BUT no winterizing

Since we do dog shows all year it would be difficult for us to winterize if we lived somewhere where we had to. We are going to Tucson in November for a 5 day show. Then we are off to Long Beach for the Eukanuba Invitational show the first weekend of December, then to Yuma. Then a break for the Holidays and Indio the first weekend in Jan for the new show season.............

Course all these shows depend on my Dad's health.

Sorry to hear it got so cool up there already. Still darn hot here in Ohio and I am SO looking forward to cooler temps as are the "furgirls" who MISS their swimming pool horribly
mom2mastiffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:41 AM   #8

Teofff,
We so understand your pain!! We will have to winterize ours in a few months. I don't even want to think about it. Just remember, "this too shall pass" and better weather will come again.

Mike and Gerri
Happytrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:13 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Amazing difference in temps here in AZ. Such diverse locations throughout the state. It's not all desert!

We did get to visit and drive our La Palma this past week. She's coming along fine, lots of new parts (minor), lots of good progress being made with our new favorite dealer (Robert Crist & Company RV). It'll be another week before we get 'er home, but at least we don't have to winterize here in the Phoenix area. Just keep the AC working.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:40 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
It did get in the 30's last night, and will again tonight, so glad I got her winterized. In fact, I played golf today and it was still about 45 degree's when we teed off at 9:30A. Yep...there are two Arizona's...here's the good news: while we are cold in the winter...we are always about 20 degrees cooler in those famous Phoenix summers!! Prescott is 5300 ft above sea level...right at the snow line.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:40 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
We don't winterize either (no need here in Cave Creek, on the Northern edge of Scottsdale and Phoenix), but it was a bit bittersweet today as I shopped for our last coach trip of 2007. We're off to Napa Valley tomorrow to "tie the knot" after 5 years, do some (chauferred) wine tasting, next day some riding around Napa and Sonoma on the BMW K1200LT (motorcylce), then down to Hollister Hills for Tony's Motorcycle competition, while we're there hopefully we'll have the time and energy for a motorcycle ride to Monterey and Carmel.

This year, in our new coach, our travels have included Jefferson, Texas; Cotopaxi, Colorado; Milliken, Colorado; Prescott, Arizona; Donner Ski Ranch, California; Chehalis Washington and Ashland, Oregon; Casper, Wyoming; Albuquerque, New Mexico; back to Prescott, Arizona; and most recently to Dickson, Tennessee. That's about 18,000 miles since our first trip in March.

So, it will be a great finale to a great traveling season... looking forward to next spring already!

Brenda, of...
Old 10-07-2007, 06:47 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We had 25* on Saturday morning, glad we were gone on a long weekend. We figure we have a couple more weeks then we will move the MH down to the low Desert for th winter, and spend our weekends away from the snow!
mountainkowboy is offline   Reply With Quote