Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2010, 05:59 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Source for Tri-Mark key fobs?

A post in another recent thread got me thinking:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
Just for info......I've been working on the neighbor's 08 Diplomat. His controller was behind the two drawers under the dash. Three pushes on button attached to the receiver, wait until the red light comes on and push the lock button on the key fob and the fobs are reprogrammed.
Thanks, that's good to know! Now, speaking of fobs and programming them, anybody got a reasonably priced source for a compatible replacement fobs? I tried contacting Tri-Mark, and thought I was making progress, but then hit a brick wall with them.

I'm having trouble finding the exact fob, but I figure there must be a range of compatible fobs with only cosmetic differences. I don't need the appearance to match, I just need it to work. Anybody know which are compatible?

I don't really want to pay the inflated dealer prices for what is a non-essential luxury. But if there is a cheap enough bargain source...
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2010, 04:52 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
A post in another recent thread got me thinking:

Thanks, that's good to know! Now, speaking of fobs and programming them, anybody got a reasonably priced source for a compatible replacement fobs? I tried contacting Tri-Mark, and thought I was making progress, but then hit a brick wall with them.

I'm having trouble finding the exact fob, but I figure there must be a range of compatible fobs with only cosmetic differences. I don't need the appearance to match, I just need it to work. Anybody know which are compatible?

I don't really want to pay the inflated dealer prices for what is a non-essential luxury. But if there is a cheap enough bargain source...
I ordered FOBs from Tri-Mark. No problem at all. If you are near Lazydays they carry them.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:33 AM   #3

I picked up a couple at an RV supply store in Shreveport, LA, about $4 a piece. Then have em cut by a key maker.
nalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:51 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalcon View Post
I picked up a couple at an RV supply store in Shreveport, LA, about $4 a piece. Then have em cut by a key maker.
Maybe we're not thinking about the same thing? I don't need a key, I want the remote entry transmitter that hangs on the key ring. Like the one on the left:

I guess I will give Tri-Mark another try. When I last contacted them, they were sort-of helpful, and asked for more information. When I replied with what model MH I had and the specific numbers on the back of the fob, the help stopped. Not sure why.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:09 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
AutoLoc KL550 - AutoLoc 5-Function Keyless Entry Systems - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Fobs and the control box which will go eventually. Direct plug in in my 06.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:19 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twomed View Post
AutoLoc KL550 - AutoLoc 5-Function Keyless Entry Systems - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Fobs and the control box which will go eventually. Direct plug in in my 06.
Cool! I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

I'm going to be camping a couple miles from Summit Racing in about a month and a half, and it'll be the perfect excuse for going to their store (and maybe coming home with a few other "essentials.")

Now that's got me thinking... has anybody converted their cargo door latches to power locks?