RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2009, 06:19 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I'm looking for the small black drawer and interior cabinet door closures commonly used on Monaco products. It's marked Southco and is a small black spring loaded contact latch. Anybody have a source for these? I normally pick up a handful of these from the MCC Parts wagon at Monaco rallies.

2005 Monaco Diplomat 40 PDQ
InflatableBoats4Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2009, 06:37 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
http://www.southco.com/

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:41 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Try these folks: shoprvparts.com.

A suggestion: The strikes(the part the spring loaded hook attaches to - typically on the cabinet drawer/door)were breaking at the screw holes. I put small steel washers between the screw heads and the strike. Since doing that, we have not had any of the strikes break.
glennb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:41 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks glennb100 and Drifter. Great idea on the washers. My failures have all been at the attachment of the thin plastic strike.I found the contact closures on the Southco site. Didn't see them on shoprvparts.com. I'll try to buy from Southco Monday but I'm guessing that they'll refer me to a reseller. Again...thanks.

2005 Monaco Diplomat 40 PDQ
InflatableBoats4Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:26 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
If your catches keep braking maybe it's time to replace them with something more durable.

I can't remember who posted the link to brass ball catches, it may have been SacsTC (I apologise if it was someone else - I tried to locate the link to get this information correct but I couldn't find it).

Once my catches starts breaking, this is what i will be doing. They may cost a little more, but I am certain that they won't break in my lifetime.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:14 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Tim...Have you actually called Monaco parts or ordered from their "online catalog" site? They are listed under "Parts & Accessories" and then "hardware" for $3.50. I know that Joe at NorthWest RV Supply has them in stock but they were $4.49, I think.
Good Luck...whichever way you go...

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:13 AM   #7

SouthCo will not sell direct. They will refer you to a local dealer. The dealer they sent me to required a purchase order and a $500 minimum purchase. Go back to Monaco parts, they have hundreds of them in stock, you just need to get to a person that is willing to help. The part number is 5620 S08408323. Price is .52 ea. It is called a "Latch cabinet Southco hook C3-97".