Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2014, 05:47 PM   #1

Splendid washer

Ur splendid washer/dryer has stopped producing any heat on the drying cycle. We are currently in Memphis does anyone know a reputable technician who could fix it for us within the next 5 days

Bill
jbesdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2014, 09:06 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I did a quick scan to see if Sears sells Splendide. No evidence found. But I suggest calling them none-the-less.
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:55 PM   #3

I had the same problem a few months ago but I was in Nashville at the time. Maybe it is a Tenn thing?

This might be a relatively easy fix IF you can get the top off. On mine I had to remove a shelf above it after removing all the "stuff" the wife stores there.

Using a mirror, you will see two screws on the back side of the top. One on each side near the sides. Remove them and the top will come right off.

On the right side you will see two "heat sensors" (for lack of a better term). They have a wire in and a wire out. In the center you will see a yellow dot. Unplug the unit and use your ohm meter on those two wires and see if you have continuity. Probably not. Use a paper clip, punch through the yellow dot gently and you will hear a click when you reset those sensors. Check again with the ohm meter and pray. Now run the dryer for a minute or so and see if it is heating. If so, It is fixed.................except for the cause. Don't run it long or it will trip again.

Now you gotta clean out the plugged up vent hose that caused those to trip in the first place. I found a pretty good "dryer vent hose cleaning kit" at Lowes for about 20 bucks. Just follow the directions. A good shop vacume will help too.

Please let us know the outcome. If you need more info/clarification email me at RB33@juno.com

Good luck. Don't ya just hate wet underwear!

RB
arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:46 PM   #4

thanks you nailed it

Found the sensors. Pressed the yellow dots as you instructed then started the washer. Worked perfectly. How did you know this trick. I spoke to the techs at Splendid and they did not mention this fix.

Bill
http://www.irv2.com/forums/images/smilies/dance.gif
jbesdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:33 PM   #5

When you've been on the road full time for 12 years and average over 1 load a day in your Spendide you learn lots of tricks. This one I learned from a great authorized Spendid repair man in Yuma, AZ.

Now, when the door handle breaks off in your hand let me know and I will tell you what he taught me on how to get the door open.

Glad it worked for you.

RB
arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #6

Good info here.