RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2014, 03:35 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Unhappy Splendide Washer Removal

Our washer has developed a problem. The drain pump no longer pumps water out of the drum. This causes strange behavior including the knob rotating continuously, which I've become informed is the washer's way of telling you there is a problem.

The error codes displayed indicate a problem with the pump, and this is consistent with an abnormal sound when pumping.

The pump is equipped with a prefilter on the suction, which is normally easily accessible by removing a small plastic panel the goes the width of the washer at the bottom, below the drum. However, Monaco installed a carpeted 3/4" tall lip in the cabinet doorway which is butted up against this removable panel making it impossible to remove. In addition, the washer is apparently bolted solidly to the floor near the front, preventing the washer from being tipped back to clear this lip and allow the removal.

I cannot figure out how the machine is bolted down or where the bolts can be accessed to remove them. I've taken the closet access panel out, and searched in the engine compartment looking for bolts that can be accessed.

I'm stumped. Can anyone help me understand how Monaco bolted this thing down so I can get it loose and fix the pump? I'm pretty sure I just need to tip the washer back to allow access to the pre-filter. Any help from someone who's faced this in a Monaco would be appreciated.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tricotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2014, 04:47 AM   #2

On my 07 neptune you remove the bottom cover on the front and there are 2 L shaped brackets with a screw in each that anchors it to the floor. Fortunately for me mine has no lip to block the cover. I have never had mine out (knock on wood) so I'm not sure if there's anything holding the back. I do not think there is by wiggling on it but could possibly have a strap or the like.

Chad

onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:40 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricotec View Post
Our washer has developed a problem. The drain pump no longer pumps water out of the drum. This causes strange behavior including the knob rotating continuously, which I've become informed is the washer's way of telling you there is a problem.

The error codes displayed indicate a problem with the pump, and this is consistent with an abnormal sound when pumping.

The pump is equipped with a prefilter on the suction, which is normally easily accessible by removing a small plastic panel the goes the width of the washer at the bottom, below the drum. However, Monaco installed a carpeted 3/4" tall lip in the cabinet doorway which is butted up against this removable panel making it impossible to remove. In addition, the washer is apparently bolted solidly to the floor near the front, preventing the washer from being tipped back to clear this lip and allow the removal.

I cannot figure out how the machine is bolted down or where the bolts can be accessed to remove them. I've taken the closet access panel out, and searched in the engine compartment looking for bolts that can be accessed.

I'm stumped. Can anyone help me understand how Monaco bolted this thing down so I can get it loose and fix the pump? I'm pretty sure I just need to tip the washer back to allow access to the pre-filter. Any help from someone who's faced this in a Monaco would be appreciated.
I would think there must be a way to remove the panel blocking the bottom of the washer. We installed our own washer and used the clips mentioned in the previous post. Here is a PDF file on how they are used and what they look like.

Bob
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MK01_Installation.pdf (253.1 KB, 95 views)
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:47 AM   #4

You may want to run your fingers over the entire carpeted lip ... typically, the manufacturer runs screws into the floors/cabinets and the heads are buried in the carpet.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:09 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
You may want to run your fingers over the entire carpeted lip ... typically, the manufacturer runs screws into the floors/cabinets and the heads are buried in the carpet.
X2
Ron
Old 10-09-2014, 06:08 PM   #6

There are two screws with square heads in the top of the carpet.
Rburian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:52 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Have you tired to do the recommended procedure to clean the lint out of the drain.

Here it is, I found this somewhere on IRV2

Clearing lint from Splendide’s Interior Duct
1. Run the unit without clothes and with the dry time off on cycle # 11.
2. When the water stops entering the unit push and hold the start button until all the lights come on then release the button.
3. Next, move the cycle knob to cycle # 2 and press the start button once (do not hold).
4. Let it run through that complete cycle.
5. Do this twice.

If in frequent use, do this once each month to avoid buildup.
If the above treatment fails, try it again, adding a cup of white vinegar to break down the deposited soap and fabric softener.

FALL BACK PROCEDURE IF THE ABOVE PROCEDURE FAILS

1. Pull the unit out and remove flexible exhaust duct.
2. Pick out as much lint as you can from the air outlet on the back of the dryer.
3. Put a garden hose in the outlet and blow the blockage into the washer.
4. Run the washer on a short cycle. The blockage breaks up and goes out the drain

jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
removal