Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2009, 02:03 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
I also found this and have called them to get a quote. I'll post the results if you all are interested:

Monaco Coach Warranty
Item# monaco
March 04,2009

We would like to take this opportunity to inform all of our Monaco Coach Motorhome customers that we are here to assist you with any Parts, Service and Breakdown Repair needs that you may have. This includes the Monaco Coach Products: Monaco, Beaver Coach, Safari Coach, Holiday Rambler, and Royal Coach Conversions

We are in NO WAY affected by anything that is taking place at the Monaco Coach factory or Holiday Rambler, Beaver, Safari at this time and your Monaco Coach Warranty coverage that was purchased through us is not affected in any way. Any decision by Monaco Coach to liquidate or remain closed will not affect your ACC Warranty.

Please keep in mind that over 90% of all components in a new motorhome are manufactured by third-party suppliers, not Monaco Coach, Holiday Rambler, Beaver, or Safari.

Therefore, we are able to source those parts directly from their manufacturer or supplier and ship them directly to you, a service center, dealer, or repair shop. All chassis components can be replaced or repaired at a heavy truck service center and there are numerous qualified service centers in most any state or province. We are located in Indiana and are able to source almost any RV component for next day delivery in most cases.

All Monaco Coach, Beaver, Safari, and Holiday Rambler Extended Warranty price quotes are valid for 7 days from the date of issue. After 7 days, all quotes will reflect current market conditions and may be re-priced accordingly if any further market changes exist.

Please feel free to contact Steve Burgess at: 1-888-299-9888 Extension 710 directly if you have any questions or concerns regarding your Monaco Coach Warranty coverage.

Bud
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2009, 03:38 PM   #30

Be very cautious with this so called warranty. I doubt any extended warranty company will give you the kind of coverage that Monaco ssupplied with a new unit. Will they cover: roof, walls, upholstery,paint,etc.?? Not likley. I went to the web iste and they do not provide any real policy info or an on line quote. Nor do they say which insurance company is backing them. I dont think I saw a BBB symbol. Buyer beware.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Privious post in the Alpine Forum here. http://www.irv2.com/forums/showthrea...ces#post249895
They are not BBB accredited.
They are also listed here:::http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0341436.htm
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedawson View Post
Is the Monaco Repair facility in Oregon still in operation? I'm in Yuma with an authorized repair tech working on my fifth-wheel slide out. He seems to be having a problem and I think I might need a good place to go. They are claiming two weeks back-up here.
Joedawson...Welcome to the forum!
The last phone call I had with Oregon was that they are finishing up the coaches with "work in progress" and they are not making appointments.
I promise to post here in the Monaco Forum as soon as that happens.
MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:45 PM   #33
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
Why would a bay heated come on if it wasn't cold? The 12 VDC bay heater has a thermostat that calls for heat at 45 degrees and is satisfied at 65 degrees. I think it's probably working as designed.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks guys;

I didn't even think to look for the BBB symbol. I saw the news post on the RV Business site and thought it might be a good idea.

With my recent air leak, which BTW I've not yet found even with the ultrasonic sniffer(!), and which seems to have cured itself on my current trip (!!!)(), I thought anyone picking up the Monaco warranty might be doing us some good.

I'll ask the questions you've posted when they call me. They didn't call today. I'm particularly interested in chassis coverage - that's the biggest area of my worry.
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
Old 03-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Bud,

If you want an aftermarket warranty, why not just just get the Monaco plan? It has nothing to do with Monaco. The plan is underwritten by Lyndon Property Insurance Co., and administered by Prizm Administrative Solutions. You can shop around for the cheapest deal among Monaco dearlers, or buy the same Prizm plan on the Internet for much less money.

The uncertainty with any aftermarket warraty will be how they decide to deal with claims that Monaco SHOULD have covered under the factory warranty if they do NOT cover the claim because of the Chapter 11 filing. I'd certainly want to have an understanding in writing with the plan administrator on that issue before buying any plan. How long is it until your first year warranty is up?
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:20 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Robin;

I have the 5-year Good Sam extended warranty, but read mixed reviews. I wonder if I should accept whatever coverage Good Sam offers, or investigate further.
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
Old 03-19-2009, 08:23 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Bud,

I'm just winging it here, I know nothing about ACC Warranty. But I would seriously doubt that they would do anything more than any other aftermarket warranty - at least not for a reasonable price. I would certainly check them out extremely carefully before doing business with them - especially in light of what others have said here.

As for Good Sam, I'm not familiar with their plan either, as I have the Prizm plan that Monaco endorses. I have seen posts on several forums about the Good Sam plan that lean toward either direction - good and bad.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:42 AM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudtheDiplomat View Post
Robin;

I have the 5-year Good Sam extended warranty, but read mixed reviews. I wonder if I should accept whatever coverage Good Sam offers, or investigate further.
We had the Good Sam on a coach that we purchased new and only kept for 3 1/2 months. Another story. At any rate, it took over six months to get a refund form Good Sam after we had the selling dealer send in the paper work. I purchased an extend warranty with the Diplomat also but on hind site I wish I had saved my money and just put it in an account for future repairs.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:15 AM   #39

Drifter, Had my 07 Dip to the dealer on Tuesday the 17th, for oil change and several warranty issues. I found out there is no warranty, I pay it all and may be reimbursed if they get things turned around. Was also told that any new unit bought that the dealer will cover the waranty, not Monaco. I hope they can get back on track.

Jmyers
2007 Diplomat SFT
Jmyers is offline   Reply With Quote