Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2018, 12:58 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Smile step molding coming into Motor Home

I need some help. I have a 2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor pusher and the molding is splitting where My wife sits on the curb side of the steps. It has a black molding on all three sides of the entrance steps. Has anybody taken the molding that comes on the MH and replaced it with step molding from a carpet store. I don't know how it comes up and I don't want to make a big mess on the two parts that aren't damaged. If You all can give Me any help, I sure would appreciate it.

Phil
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2018, 02:53 PM   #2

I just replaced mine in my 2006 HR Neptune with a bronze molding from the local Lumber Store. The screws that hold the molding in place are hidden by the carpet just below the molding piece in the stair well. The carpet is held in place with staples and glue. I used a heavy putty knife to pull down the carpet to expose the screws. The trim molding I used was about 1 3/4 inches top and side and it covered the carpet very well and I had no need to staple the carpet back in place. I held the new molding down with cabinet screws which have a very flat head. As long as the better half approved it is okay with me.
Mike-Rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:58 PM   #3

Phil,
This thread should be interesting .
It's all about the entry steps .
Ray

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/what...ps-383105.html
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote