Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2016, 01:55 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Step well cover...

Noticed today that my step well cover will not work. This is on a 08 Endeavor and is electric, not air actuated.
I'm at a loss because last time I used it... Several months ago, it seemed to work just fine.
Neither of the two switches make it work. I think there is power getting to it because I can hear a slight clicking noise when I activate either switch. I will still check the fuse if I can locate it... I imagine it would be in the front run bay on driver side.
Anyone know how to access the motor? I didn't climb under the rig because I broke a couple of ribs about a week ago and just not up to it.
Is the front carpeted piece screwed on from behind? And assuming I get this piece loose, can I get to the wiring and motor from there? Frustrating because like I said it goes from working great to not working at all for no apparent reason.

Thanks for your time, Brian.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Sheriffbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2016, 02:05 PM   #2

My 07 had the same problem when I first got it. Eventually figured out that the "faston" connectors that attached to the switch were not making good contact with the switch tabs. Removed those and put them back (the wiping action tends to clean the contacts and it worked again. They should be somewhat hard to remove and replace if they are working right. You can carefully pinch them closed a bit when off the switch to improve the contact. Hope that helps.
jrusselltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:49 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Mine started doing same, with the clicking and no movement. If I rapidly push/release switch in the extend mode, the motor runs out the cover. Retracting hasn't hung up, YET!

Granger has the motor for it, if necessary. Part # 3LCH7

Amazon too:
http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Motor.../dp/B000BOG8CE

First, I will put a voltmeter on the motor wires to test voltage going to motor and ground. A loose ground would cause this problem. Doesn't sound like motor, as once it is moving, it runs normally all the way to its stop.

To be continued.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:51 PM   #4

Happycarz thank you... I went back out to the rig and did what you described with the switch and the cover started working again! I ran it in and out a few times and it seems to be ok for now at least.
I guess I should check those contacts on the switches and clean them up.
My wife does not like to ride in the passenger seat without the step cover closed.

Thanks again, Brian

Old 02-24-2016, 09:06 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
On my step cover, if you stand outside with the door open, extend the step cover. Then you can see up under the cover. All that linkage you will see up there needs to be lubed/oiled periodically. Be sure all of the screws are tight, otherwise it will bind up.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:23 AM   #6

Thank you, I will check to see if it needs to be lubed and also check everything for tightness.

Brian.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:16 PM   #7
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
On my step cover, if you stand outside with the door open, extend the step cover. Then you can see up under the cover. All that linkage you will see up there needs to be lubed/oiled periodically. Be sure all of the screws are tight, otherwise it will bind up.

Agreed. Part of our mh bi-annual maintenance check is to check any/all nuts/bolts/screws under the cover and to lube any moving part(s) with a silicone spray. Don't forget to clean/lubricate the entry steps also and be careful of the steps when the move in/out as they like fingers for lunch.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote