RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2008, 02:13 PM   #1

I need to dump the airbags completely in order to get the coach into the garage. I would like to leave the air out so I don't forget to dump before I back out. I plan on adding a switch to dump the air instead of holding the button down.

Is there any problems with storing the coach without any air in the suspension?

The coach is a 2006 Camelot 38PDQ.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2008, 02:13 PM   #2

I need to dump the airbags completely in order to get the coach into the garage. I would like to leave the air out so I don't forget to dump before I back out. I plan on adding a switch to dump the air instead of holding the button down.

The coach is a 2006 Camelot 38PDQ.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #3

mohansen,
I don't beleive there is a problem with storing your motorhome with the air dumped. All motorhomes eventually lose the air in the bags over time anyway.
However having said that I believe that you are not supposed to move the motorhome without being aired up. I'm not sure how you would do this anyway. Our motorhome starts filling the airbags soon after we start the engine.
I would do a search on this site because I know it has been discussed and I'm sure some more knowledgeable members will also come along shortly to give you a better answer.
It might help if you post the model of coach you have.
Letsgoagain
Old 04-26-2008, 04:40 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
[QUOTE]down.

QUOTE]

I would not think so since it is normal to dump all the air when leveling in a campsite. To my knowledge there is no time limit on how long a coach can sit with the air dumped. I do remember the manual said not to move with the bags deflated.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:24 PM   #5

A tech from the Monaco corp in Washington visited us while we were camping at the Beaudry Campground in Tucson, AZ and worked on our coach. One of the things he suggested was parking for the winter in the shed with the airbags deflated. He said that by doing so, it compensated for the bags slowly leaking and putting stress on the frame. He did not say anything about driving with the bags deflated. Peace!
Meandering Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:11 PM   #6

Thanks for all the comments. I would only be driving it for 50 feet with out air so I would think that would be ok.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:25 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I do it all the time. My door is low also. My problem is the grade I have to go up to the door. I drop the air and back in slow. You just put something under the switch. I use a small part of a pencel.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:49 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Ummm, by wanting to dump the air in the bags, are you saying to move the coach with no air in the system?
Won't that also mean there's no air for the brakes?

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:33 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Ok...can someone explain to me how the bags stay empty? I thought that the bags started filling up as soon as you started the engine...but then...I am still learning..and I am not afraid to ask those dumb questions that no one else will ask...

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:52 PM   #10

I think the bags on my MH start filling when I push travel on my leveling sys.I do know if you turn the wheels with bags dumped the front tires will hit finder inside flange about 10 & 2 o clock on opp side of MH.
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:07 PM   #11

Ok I just started my MH and brought air up to 120# .Run for about 10min & MH did not rise.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by popeye:
I think the bags on my MH start filling when I push travel on my leveling sys.I do know if you turn the wheels with bags dumped the front tires will hit finder inside flange about 10 & 2 o clock on opp side of MH. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 04-27-2008, 04:28 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Yikes Tommy! Are you saying the airbags aren't filling AT ALL?
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #13

MH air pressure went to 120# and MH did not move till I pushed travel on the power gear leveling system then bags begin to fill rapidly.I have noticed that when I am parked and level leveing power on the leveling sysem it has aux air pump that comes on and keeps MH level.I would think the leveling system has control of bags until travel is pushed. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BudtheDiplomat:
Yikes Tommy! Are you saying the airbags aren't filling AT ALL? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 04-27-2008, 04:46 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Oh, okay. I don't have that feature. In mine, engine on=all air systems get filled and the coach rises to 'drive' position.

A nice feature would be able to let the air out of JUST the airbags and retain the air everywhere else. That would help to, say, dump the airbags and go into the garage, as in this thread.

'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote