Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2018, 05:43 PM   #1

Strange slide out issue

When my coach is in storage plugged in to 50 amp.with the slides in. It sometimes happens. My bedroom drivers side slide is about 6 inches out. This had happened 6 or 7 times. I have made sure it was all the way in. The switch seems to be working correctly. Any ideas? 2005 HR navigator 43 pbq thank you
Showman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2018, 08:59 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showman1 View Post
When my coach is in storage plugged in to 50 amp.with the slides in. It sometimes happens. My bedroom drivers side slide is about 6 inches out. This had happened 6 or 7 times. I have made sure it was all the way in. The switch seems to be working correctly. Any ideas? 2005 HR navigator 43 pbq thank you
hydraulic or electric slide?
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:12 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like a hydraulic issue. Bad solenoid valve or a leak in a hose or connection. Each slide has 2 solenoid valves. One to push it out and hold it out. One to pull it in and hold it in. Good luck.
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:28 AM   #4

I would think they are hydraulic, my front 2 are. Solenoid would make sense. I have heard some clicking noises back there when nothing was being pushed. Would the Solenoid be under the bed for that slide or are they all in one place?
Showman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:41 AM   #5

If your system is an HWH hydraulic, carefully read the manual for proper retraction procedure. I have the HWH system and it states that when retracting the slides, you must keep the retraction button depressed 5-10 seconds after the slide is fully retracted. This process equalizes the pressure on both ends of the shuttle valve. If this does not fix the problem, then the shuttle valve is the likely culprit and may need replacement.

Dan
Old 03-27-2018, 07:30 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
If yours is like mine your solenoids should be located under your front step. There’s a manifold with all the solenoids. You have to have someone run the slides so you can tell which solenoid is activated and that would be the one to replace. They are about 175.00 each and they recommend you replace both (there is one for in and one for out) when you do replace one. Also make sure you don’t have any hydraulic hoses seeping because they will give you the same symptoms as a bad solenoid.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:40 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
It's probably an HWH system. A lot of the Monaco/HR coaches have the pump and solenoids under the entry steps.

To figure out what each solenoid controls just unplug one at a time & see what quits. HWH sells tools for solenoid removal, there is very little room in there so the tool should be worth getting.

https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml44100b_home.html
Old 03-27-2018, 11:09 AM   #8
Commercial Member

all the solenoid connections should be marked about 6 inches from the connector.
for the rooms, it will say cyl 1, 2, 3, etc
room one is the room behind the drivers seat. 2 is the next one back, 3 is on the pass side rear and so on. gen slide, and jack solenoids are marked similarly.
btw,ive gotten a new computer, and i cant log on as azpete anymore, so now im nazpete.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:38 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showman1 View Post
I would think they are hydraulic, my front 2 are. Solenoid would make sense. I have heard some clicking noises back there when nothing was being pushed. Would the Solenoid be under the bed for that slide or are they all in one place?
I'm no expert but as I understand it they are usually together on a "block. The HWH systems on some are just behind the front cap. They will be near the pump so follow the sound of the pump when putting slides in or out.
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out