Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2008, 07:59 AM   #1
HPH

Monaco Owners Club
Monaco OM says use a "Lithium soap base lubricant". I cannot find anyone who sells Grease that has the word "soap" in it. Texaco Starplex ??? Not in this neck of the woods. Been to Cummins, Kenworth, International etc. You wanna talk about some puzzled looks on some parts guys faces. Is a multi purpose Lithium based grease OK ? Or does it have to say soap? Dumb question I think. I've always used different greases for chassis versus wheel bearings etc but don't recall ever any mention of soap. Talked to Monaco they were a HUGE help. Clueless!
HPH

2004 Z71 Tahoe
HPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2008, 07:59 AM   #2
HPH

Monaco Owners Club
Monaco OM says use a "Lithium soap base lubricant". I cannot find anyone who sells Grease that has the word "soap" in it. Texaco Starplex ??? Not in this neck of the woods. Been to Cummins, Kenworth, International etc. You wanna talk about some puzzled looks on some parts guys faces. Is a multi purpose Lithium based grease OK ? Or does it have to say soap? Dumb question I think. I've always used different greases for chassis versus wheel bearings etc but don't recall ever any mention of soap. Talked to Monaco they were a HUGE help. Clueless!
HPH

2004 Z71 Tahoe
Old 11-20-2008, 01:01 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
HPH -- Look for Lithium (will probably say red)grease with the NLGI 2 on it - In small writting on the back, you`ll see "soap" -- Got mine at Walmart here in AZ. also Harbor Freight -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:11 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Our internet is pretty spotty from where we are this week - but Sacs said that he got his -along with the grease-gun -from "McMaster Carr" online.

The grease gun is both continuous or single-shot. He also got his with a 30" hose.

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:39 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Product Description
Shell Albida® Greases EP are high performance multi-purpose greases formulated for industrial applications. They are based on a high quality mineral oil, lithium complex soap thickener and carefully selected additives to provide excellent high temperature properties as well as resist oxidation, wear and corrosion. Shell Albida Greases EP are especially suitable for heavy-duty bearings operating at high temperature and under severe load.
Shell Albida Greases EP exhibit excellent load carrying properties and good mechanical stability. An effective additive system helps provide long operational life and protect components from rust and corrosion to ensure lasting protection even in the presence of water. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is what I use.
Available here Just type shell in the search area. And yes, it is red in color.
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:26 PM   #6
HPH

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks guys.

2004 Z71 Tahoe
Old 11-23-2008, 04:57 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Note there is a listing for NLGI #1 and #2..
As Bill said, you want the #2...Their Part #8670T4
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:21 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Here in Knoxville,TN I purchased Shell NLGI #2 at Wal*Mart last month.

Bob

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SacsTC:
Note there is a listing for NLGI #1 and #2..
As Bill said, you want the #2...Their Part #8670T4 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote