Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2008, 09:08 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
DANG...
Ok..Mic...the thing is ... you have to wait ONE day before you give the answer!! I was at work (YES it IS a 4 LETTER WORD!! )and Sacs told me I needed to read your post when I got home..well you had already given the answer!! LOL

I like Robin's answer...Mail..we haven't seen mail for awhile now!
Good luck and we will see you in a few months!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2008, 06:48 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GoneFishin:
Robin, My first thought was call the courts Monday, but then I started thinking like you. And FMCA is handling the mail forwarding so it will take weeks to get mail from OH. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>My Father's been gone a while now, but one thing he taught me was... If you don't want a "NO answer", never ask a "No question" (IOW a question where the response could be "no".) That way you don't put people on the spot, and you ususally wind up getting what you want without much of a hassle. I've used that "little piece of wisdom" many times.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:05 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Good advise Robin and your Father sounded like a wise man. When you posed a question to him per his advise did it work on him. Bet not.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:48 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sixpack98:
Bet not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You'd win that bet. Didn't work with my sons either.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:54 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
And thanks for humoring me. I feel a little better, but that's because the MH is headed for Palm Springs tomorrow. [/QUOTE]

Ric and Mic,
First of all a HUGE congratulations on retirement!!! How wonderful for you.

You must look up AKBRICK while at the rally in Indio. They are attending and are the MOST delightful couple.

Also, we look forward to meeting you at Monaco Rally in Lancaster, CA!! I'm sure if you contact them about jury duty you should be able to get it postphoned until your return.

Safe Journeys and see you in Feb,

Karen of:
mom2mastiffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:45 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> you have to wait ONE day before you give the answer!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
OK, now that I know the rules about quiz-questions, I'll be sure to wait for the 24 hours rule before giving the answer.

I was anxious to check it off my "to-do" list, but moved it to my "I'm way to busy being retired" list after receiving some sage advice. In a couple days I'll start thinking about drafting a "yes-answer" response.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:30 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">OK, now that I know the rules about quiz-questions, I'll be sure to wait for the 24 hours rule before giving the answer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
LOL... I'll teach you a few more things now cuz you are retired and have all that extra time!!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:39 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Mic,
We got our jury duty notice a month after we were on the road also. Now THAT's Karma! Luckily I worked with someone who's wife is one of the jury clerks and a good friend. We told her that we'd be out of state and she cancelled it.
AKBrick
Old 02-09-2008, 04:59 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Update: Received jury summons on first day of retirement, headed out of state to pre-paid reservations for who-knows-how-long. Within 2 weeks sent "yes-answer" letter to courts (advice of Robin_M). Brief excerpts from my letter in case anyone ever needs to do the same --

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>I would like to respectfully request a long term postponement
<LI>Retired, traveling out of state, non-refundable reservations (true)
<LI>I recognize my obligation and civic duty, understand the responsibility of serving, served on 4 month Grand Jury 2 years ago (true)
<LI>Please grant a long term postponement and allow me to notify you when I am back in the state
<LI>My mail is being forwarded so it may take a few weeks for your response to reach me.[/list]
Just received an 18 month waiver this past week. Summons was for February 19.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:07 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Mick,
It's nice to see that you've been let off the hook for a year and a half! Were you starting to sweat about this last one? Ours didn't say how long we'll be able to slide by. I guess when the time gets nearer things will get clearer.

Welcome to "Freedom"!

Tom
Old 02-10-2008, 08:55 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Good news, Mic. You WILL notify them when you're back in the state, right?
Old 02-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
You got it! But did the Courts?
"Don't call me, I'll call you."

If I forget, Robin_M, you're in charge of reminding me.