Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Ours did not come with a Washer/Dryer but being full time we soon realized that having one would make life easier, finding laundry mat when moving around is a hassle. We got a non vented combo unit built by LG. I think the drying function on the LG works different that the non vented Splendide. Could not fit in a stacked pair. We have learned that small loads work best wash and dry takes about 3.5 hours. When we do levies it will take 4 hours. So it is start it early in the day and then going about our business. There are a number of tricks to keep down on wrinkles.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
We are in Fl. for 6 weeks and use our Splendide combo every 2 days. Would not be without it.
roscoesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:34 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
We are 3/4 timers. Last year I spent about $500.00 (in quarters) and hundreds of hours at laundromats, some in CGs others "in town". We now have a new to us MH with stacked w/d. Although we lost some storage space it is totally worth it to me to be able to throw in a load whenever I want.
jsetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #32

We have a splendide combo washer and dryer unit and use it most every time we are camping unless it is just a weekend trip. The dw would not want to do without it. Worth its weight in gold to us.
Chad
07 Neptune
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:01 AM   #33

KZ RV Club
Our coach came with a Splendide, which I use any time we're on the road more than a few days. I've done everything in it from clothes to towels and sheets (had to split the towels and sheets for king-sized bed into 2 loads). While I love the convenience of having my own washer and dryer, it takes some adjustment to learn the length of time required to dry. Given the choice, I would definitely go with the stacked over the Splendide, and in fact, in our next coach, that's a requirement.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Regarding 'venting'. I assume the hot exhaust air from the dryer is vented
( on the better models ) to the outside.
On the lesser units it just blows into the coach, is that correct?

What about the lint?

I see the wooden doors covering most set ups are louvered.
Is this also for venting? Maybe for 'make up' air? Intake air
which cycles through the dryer?
Old 01-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukzin View Post
Regarding 'venting'. I assume the hot exhaust air from the dryer is vented
( on the better models ) to the outside.
On the lesser units it just blows into the coach, is that correct?

What about the lint?

I see the wooden doors covering most set ups are louvered.
Is this also for venting? Maybe for 'make up' air? Intake air
which cycles through the dryer?
The non-vented units use some water in a small air to water condenser. The air is heated and blows on the damp clothes and then the moisture that is picked up is condensed and down the drain with the water that is used by the condenser.

These units take a bit longer to dry the clothes and they are not quiet as dry as a vented unit.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #36

Alpine Owners Club
220/240 Volt Dryers

Numerous posts in this thread about installing stacked Washer and Dryer and using the Dryer on 220 Volts.

Where did you folks that did as an add-on this get the 220 Volt power to run the dryer? The "50 Amp service" in RV parks is supposed to be two 120 circuits--it could be a 240 Volt 4-wire system which could provide both 120 and 240 Volt service. Is this what has been done for you?
v8dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
v8dave,
Mine was done when new so I am not sure exactly how it was done. I am not real good with the ins and outs of electricity (know just enough to very wary). I do understand that a RV 50a pedestal is wired the same as a 220v outlet in your home. The RV plug basically allows the split to come into your coach. I also know that my coach had to have the 10kw generator in order to have the 220v available for the dryer. Here is a link to what I believe may be the way they do the transfer to 220v but I am not positive about this. I do have a dedicated double pole breaker in my electrical main panel for the dyer. All I know for sure is that my Bosch dryer is plated 220V and that it has never failed to work while plugged into a 50A service and/or while the generator is running.

http://www.iotaengineering.com/pplib/idp240man.pdf
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #38

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
As explained by TXiceman the non-vented are condensing units which are very appropiate for boats! I didn't want a hole in the side or bottem of my sail boat for draining but the vented ones like I now have are very good in my RV. I wouldn't be without it unless I had enough room for a stacked unit.
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #39

We don't have 'em and wish we did. If we did, we would prefer a stacked apartment-type w/d rather than a combo unit. We used to have a Splendide non-vented unit and it was basically worthless in our humble opinion .
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #40

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlow46 View Post
v8dave,
. . .
I also know that my coach had to have the 10kw generator in order to have the 220v available for the dryer. Here is a link to what I believe may be the way they do the transfer to 220v but I am not positive about this.
. . .
Well, I was wondering about my 7.5 kw Onan when the manual states that it has two 120 Volt circuits with no mention of 240 V. But I am going to attempt to measure the across the circuits when it is running just to check. Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, it doesn't go into enough detail beyond stating it is for 240 V.

There are an Ariston pair of stack-able units that both run on 120 Volts. Which I may investigate further if I can't solve the 240 V issue in my genset/coach configuration. Camping World carries them if anybody else is interested.

Best Regards,
Dave
v8dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Dave,
Your 7500 will not produce 220V as designed. You must go to the 10,000kw or 12,000kw to get the 220. Something to do with "in phase" for 120v and "180 degrees out of phase" for 240v. Go to the onan website and there will be a chart somewhere showing the specs.

http://www.cumminsonan.com/www/html/...ets/a-1486.pdf

http://www.cumminsonan.com/www/html/...ets/a-1473.pdf
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 110 dryer. It takes 60 minutes to dry a load. Who cares, I'm going about my day while the laundry is being done. I wouldn't travel without a wd.
Rick
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote